I'm planning on visiting Scandinavia next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she is nearly 51. She'll be traveling for a six weeks or so in the aggregate, but I've just changed jobs and cities and have the opportunity to join her for a few weeks.
We're thinking about visiting Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo. We love museums, fashion, shopping, shopping, architecture, shopping and, of course, people watching and meeting the natives (especially important on this trip, since Mom has family from Stockholm). We also love good food and drink. I'd welcome any good suggestions. Right now we're planning to be 3-4 days in Copenhagen, 4 days in Stockholm, and 2.5 days in Oslo. I'd also welcome any suggestions for good and easy day trips from the above places.
I'd also welcome insights on whether we should take the train between these various cities. The rides look lengthy, but we like to see the countryside. Is it pretty and worth doing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 2 quickest way to Prague
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 Paris for children
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 8 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 16 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Avoid Europcar!
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 22 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 23 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 24 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 25 Vaporetto ticket time questions