I'm planning on visiting Scandinavia next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she is nearly 51. She'll be traveling for a six weeks or so in the aggregate, but I've just changed jobs and cities and have the opportunity to join her for a few weeks.
We're thinking about visiting Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo. We love museums, fashion, shopping, shopping, architecture, shopping and, of course, people watching and meeting the natives (especially important on this trip, since Mom has family from Stockholm). We also love good food and drink. I'd welcome any good suggestions. Right now we're planning to be 3-4 days in Copenhagen, 4 days in Stockholm, and 2.5 days in Oslo. I'd also welcome any suggestions for good and easy day trips from the above places.
I'd also welcome insights on whether we should take the train between these various cities. The rides look lengthy, but we like to see the countryside. Is it pretty and worth doing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 French Election - Questions???
- 3 French election
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 8 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 11 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 2 weeks Europe trip
- 14 Leather goods in Florence
- 15 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report