I'm planning on visiting Scandinavia next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she is nearly 51. She'll be traveling for a six weeks or so in the aggregate, but I've just changed jobs and cities and have the opportunity to join her for a few weeks.
We're thinking about visiting Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo. We love museums, fashion, shopping, shopping, architecture, shopping and, of course, people watching and meeting the natives (especially important on this trip, since Mom has family from Stockholm). We also love good food and drink. I'd welcome any good suggestions. Right now we're planning to be 3-4 days in Copenhagen, 4 days in Stockholm, and 2.5 days in Oslo. I'd also welcome any suggestions for good and easy day trips from the above places.
I'd also welcome insights on whether we should take the train between these various cities. The rides look lengthy, but we like to see the countryside. Is it pretty and worth doing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 5 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 SE ITALY
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 14 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Bordeaux to Nice
- 21 Greek Village
- 22 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 23 Uber vs. TfL
- 24 Berlin
- 25 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011