My husband and I have booked our airfare to Scandinavia from July 3-July 11, 2016 and I am trying to finalize our itinerary. We fly into Copenhagen on July 3 and leave from Alesund on July 11. I would really appreciate advice for what to do in between.
Originally my plan was:
* 3 nights in Copenhagen
* Overnight ferry to Oslo
* 1-2 nights in Oslo
* Flight to Alesund and stay 2-3 nights at the Storfjord hotel near Geirangerfjord
I have read some negative reviews about rough waters while taking the ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. I am nervous because my husband gets sea sickness easily and am considering scrapping this plan. Thoughts?
I am thinking maybe now we should nix Oslo and fly Copenhagen to Stockholm and then fly Stockholm to Alesund. Then we can visit 3 countries during our trip.
Basically I would love to hear feedback on if I should do plan A or plan B....any any other advice is welcome as long as we start and end in the same place!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 3 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 6 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 7 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 8 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 11 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 12 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 16 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 17 Appenzell in December?
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Iceland in January/February
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 WWI Battlefields
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time