I am planning to take a family group to Scandinavia for 12 days in mid to late May 2011. This is our first trip to Scandinavia so all advice is welcome. Our one "must see" is Narpes, Finland - the village that the family immigrated from in 1895. We also want to see historic sites and scenic beauty. Where to begin? We are starting in Atlanta, GA. Should we fly into Helsinki and on to Vasaa before renting a car? Will we have time to take a ferry over to Sweden?
Scandinavia for 10 days in mid-May, travel tips needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 2 Itinerary for Spain
- 3 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 4 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 5 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 6 Spanish Music
- 7 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 8 Things to do in/around Milan
- 9 Vienna to Padua Questions
- 10 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Ireland's west coast
- 13 Tips for Sardinia this summer?
- 14 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 15 mallorca
- 16 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 17 Arles as a base?
- 18 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 19 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 20 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 21 Aix en Provence
- 22 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 25 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome