I am planning to take a family group to Scandinavia for 12 days in mid to late May 2011. This is our first trip to Scandinavia so all advice is welcome. Our one "must see" is Narpes, Finland - the village that the family immigrated from in 1895. We also want to see historic sites and scenic beauty. Where to begin? We are starting in Atlanta, GA. Should we fly into Helsinki and on to Vasaa before renting a car? Will we have time to take a ferry over to Sweden?
Scandinavia for 10 days in mid-May, travel tips needed
- 1 Wimpy's
- 2 HELP stuck in Italy
- 3 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 4 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 7 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 8 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 9 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 10 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 13 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 16 Nice
- 17 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 18 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Train tickets
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 25 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal