We'll have six or seven nights for this area.
We can't get into Sarlat until Saturday afternoon, early October. Beynac Friday if we wish, at the Petite Versaille.
Sarlat appeals because there will be more walkable places to eat at night, a good thing if the driver chooses to sample the wines!
Beynac because it looks beautiful, and a nice place to unwind after a busy day. Nice place to canoe to and from, provided the weather's good, and the rental places are still open.
One concern is the driver has a thing about driving on the edge of a cliff...no scary Alps for us unless someone else has the wheel. It's not the grade of the hill, it's hugging the edge, that terrifies the both of us. Maybe blinkers would help
I'm hoping someone can let me know if that's an issue getting to and from Beynac.
We'll be leaving on a Friday am train to Paris from Brive, so we'll have to get there in good time.
Practically, is one easier to get to each day after being out and about,
(It may be decided for me, the Sarlat rental is not responded to my last email...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 12 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 16 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 17 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 18 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 19 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 20 Train help for Prague
- 21 driving from prague to salzburg
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Germany train help!
- 25 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!