We'll have six or seven nights for this area.
We can't get into Sarlat until Saturday afternoon, early October. Beynac Friday if we wish, at the Petite Versaille.
Sarlat appeals because there will be more walkable places to eat at night, a good thing if the driver chooses to sample the wines!
Beynac because it looks beautiful, and a nice place to unwind after a busy day. Nice place to canoe to and from, provided the weather's good, and the rental places are still open.
One concern is the driver has a thing about driving on the edge of a cliff...no scary Alps for us unless someone else has the wheel. It's not the grade of the hill, it's hugging the edge, that terrifies the both of us. Maybe blinkers would help
I'm hoping someone can let me know if that's an issue getting to and from Beynac.
We'll be leaving on a Friday am train to Paris from Brive, so we'll have to get there in good time.
Practically, is one easier to get to each day after being out and about,
(It may be decided for me, the Sarlat rental is not responded to my last email...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?