We'll have six or seven nights for this area.
We can't get into Sarlat until Saturday afternoon, early October. Beynac Friday if we wish, at the Petite Versaille.
Sarlat appeals because there will be more walkable places to eat at night, a good thing if the driver chooses to sample the wines!
Beynac because it looks beautiful, and a nice place to unwind after a busy day. Nice place to canoe to and from, provided the weather's good, and the rental places are still open.
One concern is the driver has a thing about driving on the edge of a cliff...no scary Alps for us unless someone else has the wheel. It's not the grade of the hill, it's hugging the edge, that terrifies the both of us. Maybe blinkers would help
I'm hoping someone can let me know if that's an issue getting to and from Beynac.
We'll be leaving on a Friday am train to Paris from Brive, so we'll have to get there in good time.
Practically, is one easier to get to each day after being out and about,
(It may be decided for me, the Sarlat rental is not responded to my last email...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Legal documents assistants
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport