I am planning a trip to Sarlat and the Dordogne at the end of August for a long weekend.
I am flying into Bergerac on Sat morning and flying out of Bordeaux on Monday night 21:50. We do not have a car.
I would like recommendations on what to do. My initial thoughts are:
Sat: Fly into Bergerac and spend the day in Sarlat
Sun: Go canoeing down the river to Beynac
Mon: St Emilion or somewhere else in Dordogne?
I am considering either going to St Emission on Sunday night catching 5pm train or staying another night in Sarlat, and going on Monday morning instead. Any recommendations? If I stay in Sarlat on Sunday night then I could potentially walk around Beynac after the canoe trip rather than rushing to catch 5pm train to St Emilion. However, that would mean less time in St Emilion on Monday. Is it better to spend more time in Beynac or St Emilion? Or is there any other recommendation other than St Emilion? I have been to St Emilion years ago.
Thanks for any advice. I am really excited about our first trip to Dordogne!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 5 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 8 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Sicily
- 12 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 13 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 14 car for four adults and four bikes
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 20 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 21 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 22 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 23 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May