I am planning a trip to Sarlat and the Dordogne at the end of August for a long weekend.
I am flying into Bergerac on Sat morning and flying out of Bordeaux on Monday night 21:50. We do not have a car.
I would like recommendations on what to do. My initial thoughts are:
Sat: Fly into Bergerac and spend the day in Sarlat
Sun: Go canoeing down the river to Beynac
Mon: St Emilion or somewhere else in Dordogne?
I am considering either going to St Emission on Sunday night catching 5pm train or staying another night in Sarlat, and going on Monday morning instead. Any recommendations? If I stay in Sarlat on Sunday night then I could potentially walk around Beynac after the canoe trip rather than rushing to catch 5pm train to St Emilion. However, that would mean less time in St Emilion on Monday. Is it better to spend more time in Beynac or St Emilion? Or is there any other recommendation other than St Emilion? I have been to St Emilion years ago.
Thanks for any advice. I am really excited about our first trip to Dordogne!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 5 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 9 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 10 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 Airport Transit Visa
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 16 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 17 Italian lake cruise
- 18 Paris advice with kids
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Tuscany Itinerary