I am planning a trip to Sarlat and the Dordogne at the end of August for a long weekend.
I am flying into Bergerac on Sat morning and flying out of Bordeaux on Monday night 21:50. We do not have a car.
I would like recommendations on what to do. My initial thoughts are:
Sat: Fly into Bergerac and spend the day in Sarlat
Sun: Go canoeing down the river to Beynac
Mon: St Emilion or somewhere else in Dordogne?
I am considering either going to St Emission on Sunday night catching 5pm train or staying another night in Sarlat, and going on Monday morning instead. Any recommendations? If I stay in Sarlat on Sunday night then I could potentially walk around Beynac after the canoe trip rather than rushing to catch 5pm train to St Emilion. However, that would mean less time in St Emilion on Monday. Is it better to spend more time in Beynac or St Emilion? Or is there any other recommendation other than St Emilion? I have been to St Emilion years ago.
Thanks for any advice. I am really excited about our first trip to Dordogne!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 8 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 9 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 10 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 11 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Oyster card?
- 15 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 London Theater
- 18 multi city flights to europe
- 19 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 20 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 21 Switzerland in September
- 22 Milan and Lake Como
- 23 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 24 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?