I am planning a trip to Sarlat and the Dordogne at the end of August for a long weekend.
I am flying into Bergerac on Sat morning and flying out of Bordeaux on Monday night 21:50. We do not have a car.
I would like recommendations on what to do. My initial thoughts are:
Sat: Fly into Bergerac and spend the day in Sarlat
Sun: Go canoeing down the river to Beynac
Mon: St Emilion or somewhere else in Dordogne?
I am considering either going to St Emission on Sunday night catching 5pm train or staying another night in Sarlat, and going on Monday morning instead. Any recommendations? If I stay in Sarlat on Sunday night then I could potentially walk around Beynac after the canoe trip rather than rushing to catch 5pm train to St Emilion. However, that would mean less time in St Emilion on Monday. Is it better to spend more time in Beynac or St Emilion? Or is there any other recommendation other than St Emilion? I have been to St Emilion years ago.
Thanks for any advice. I am really excited about our first trip to Dordogne!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 8 8 Days in Spain
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 12 car insurance italy
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 auto europa or auto europe?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 21 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 24 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris