I am planning a trip to Sarlat and the Dordogne at the end of August for a long weekend.
I am flying into Bergerac on Sat morning and flying out of Bordeaux on Monday night 21:50. We do not have a car.
I would like recommendations on what to do. My initial thoughts are:
Sat: Fly into Bergerac and spend the day in Sarlat
Sun: Go canoeing down the river to Beynac
Mon: St Emilion or somewhere else in Dordogne?
I am considering either going to St Emission on Sunday night catching 5pm train or staying another night in Sarlat, and going on Monday morning instead. Any recommendations? If I stay in Sarlat on Sunday night then I could potentially walk around Beynac after the canoe trip rather than rushing to catch 5pm train to St Emilion. However, that would mean less time in St Emilion on Monday. Is it better to spend more time in Beynac or St Emilion? Or is there any other recommendation other than St Emilion? I have been to St Emilion years ago.
Thanks for any advice. I am really excited about our first trip to Dordogne!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE@ antivirus help desk CONTACT ☎ 1:800:627:6047 Tec*h cNICal
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 8 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 9 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como