Hi there -- I'm planning a 50th birthday trip to Sardinia with my wife and daughter (8) in late June, and would greatly appreciate some guidance. We fly in and out of Alghero, and have 8 days in between. We're looking for beautiful beaches, great food, maybe a bit of culture, but mostly a pretty mellow, relaxing trip. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time in the car, but a few hours here or there would be fine. I'm probably inclined to settle in one rental in a beautiful beach location and take day trips, or split our time between a couple of rentals or hotels -- but I'm pretty clueless at this point. Any favorite destinations and lodging recommendations (rentals or hotels) would be most appreciated. Budget is pretty high on this one, although not insane (which I hear the Costa Smerelda can be at tiems). Thanks, Ken
Sardinia Trip Planning -- Help!
- 1 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 2 London on a sunny day
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 A chacun son goût
- 5 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 6 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 7 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 8 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 9 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 10 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 11 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 12 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 13 portugal
- 14 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 15 I Need To Vent!
- 16 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 17 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 18 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 19 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 20 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 21 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 22 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 23 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 24 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 25 Help with itenerary