Hi there -- I'm planning a 50th birthday trip to Sardinia with my wife and daughter (8) in late June, and would greatly appreciate some guidance. We fly in and out of Alghero, and have 8 days in between. We're looking for beautiful beaches, great food, maybe a bit of culture, but mostly a pretty mellow, relaxing trip. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time in the car, but a few hours here or there would be fine. I'm probably inclined to settle in one rental in a beautiful beach location and take day trips, or split our time between a couple of rentals or hotels -- but I'm pretty clueless at this point. Any favorite destinations and lodging recommendations (rentals or hotels) would be most appreciated. Budget is pretty high on this one, although not insane (which I hear the Costa Smerelda can be at tiems). Thanks, Ken
Sardinia Trip Planning -- Help!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Trip around Spain
- 8 Spain - Andalucia
- 9 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 One more last question on Bayeux
- 17 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools