Hi there -- I'm planning a 50th birthday trip to Sardinia with my wife and daughter (8) in late June, and would greatly appreciate some guidance. We fly in and out of Alghero, and have 8 days in between. We're looking for beautiful beaches, great food, maybe a bit of culture, but mostly a pretty mellow, relaxing trip. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time in the car, but a few hours here or there would be fine. I'm probably inclined to settle in one rental in a beautiful beach location and take day trips, or split our time between a couple of rentals or hotels -- but I'm pretty clueless at this point. Any favorite destinations and lodging recommendations (rentals or hotels) would be most appreciated. Budget is pretty high on this one, although not insane (which I hear the Costa Smerelda can be at tiems). Thanks, Ken
Sardinia Trip Planning -- Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas
- 2 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 7 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 8 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 11 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 12 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 13 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 14 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 15 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 16 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 17 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 18 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 19 St Germain
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY