Hi there -- I'm planning a 50th birthday trip to Sardinia with my wife and daughter (8) in late June, and would greatly appreciate some guidance. We fly in and out of Alghero, and have 8 days in between. We're looking for beautiful beaches, great food, maybe a bit of culture, but mostly a pretty mellow, relaxing trip. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time in the car, but a few hours here or there would be fine. I'm probably inclined to settle in one rental in a beautiful beach location and take day trips, or split our time between a couple of rentals or hotels -- but I'm pretty clueless at this point. Any favorite destinations and lodging recommendations (rentals or hotels) would be most appreciated. Budget is pretty high on this one, although not insane (which I hear the Costa Smerelda can be at tiems). Thanks, Ken
Sardinia Trip Planning -- Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-berlin marathon
- 2 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 9 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 10 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 itinerary help
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Nice Video about Poland
- 18 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 19 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 22 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 23 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?