Hi there -- I'm planning a 50th birthday trip to Sardinia with my wife and daughter (8) in late June, and would greatly appreciate some guidance. We fly in and out of Alghero, and have 8 days in between. We're looking for beautiful beaches, great food, maybe a bit of culture, but mostly a pretty mellow, relaxing trip. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time in the car, but a few hours here or there would be fine. I'm probably inclined to settle in one rental in a beautiful beach location and take day trips, or split our time between a couple of rentals or hotels -- but I'm pretty clueless at this point. Any favorite destinations and lodging recommendations (rentals or hotels) would be most appreciated. Budget is pretty high on this one, although not insane (which I hear the Costa Smerelda can be at tiems). Thanks, Ken
Sardinia Trip Planning -- Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 2 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 5 Southern Ireland Help
- 6 Bologna tips
- 7 London and Where Else in late December?
- 8 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 9 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 10 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 11 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 12 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 13 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 14 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 15 London - Site List Triage -
- 16 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 17 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 18 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 19 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 20 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 21 Unico Costiera Tickets Have Gone Down in Price!!!!
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 24 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 25 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como