My husband and I plan to visit Sardinia Oct. 5-17. We want to savor the real Sardinia, not hop around and see it all. Ideally, we'd like to rent a house for a week in an area that will allow us to explore our surroundings while enjoying beach time, hiking, and long, leisurely lunches.
I speak fluent Italian which as allowed us to explore most of Italy and Sicily by wandering around slowly.
We would like to spend 3 nights in Corsica also during our time in Sardinia - that will be much quicker.
I'm asking for suggestions of less touristy areas or at least limited to Italian/French tourists. Not glitzy or developed - authentic yet large enough to entertain two travelers looking to immerse themselves.
. We're leaving the USA Sept 18. Thanks for any ideas. Anna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Guide in Russia
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 10 Train travel
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 travel fan 220v?
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik