My husband and I plan to visit Sardinia Oct. 5-17. We want to savor the real Sardinia, not hop around and see it all. Ideally, we'd like to rent a house for a week in an area that will allow us to explore our surroundings while enjoying beach time, hiking, and long, leisurely lunches.
I speak fluent Italian which as allowed us to explore most of Italy and Sicily by wandering around slowly.
We would like to spend 3 nights in Corsica also during our time in Sardinia - that will be much quicker.
I'm asking for suggestions of less touristy areas or at least limited to Italian/French tourists. Not glitzy or developed - authentic yet large enough to entertain two travelers looking to immerse themselves.
. We're leaving the USA Sept 18. Thanks for any ideas. Anna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 2 Towns around Lucca
- 3 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 6 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Sicily help
- 11 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 12 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 13 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 14 Cork questions
- 15 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Borghese Gallery Question
- 18 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 19 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Sim Card
- 23 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 24 Airline to Rome
- 25 Finland around Christmas time?