My (soon to be) wife and I are looking for advice on possible honeymoon locations for a 12 day trip this October. Priority for us are, in this order:
- Good food & wine
- Cultural & historical context
- Warm weather
- Opportunity for adventure
- Possibility of kiteboarding, we both kite extensively so it would be nice but is not a "must"
Looking at Sardinia or Sicily as well as considering Seville in Spain. I'd like to avoid too much moving around but would also love to avoid just sitting in a beach hammock the whole time too.
We are reasonably constrained by budget too. I would love to find a cute hotel that has nice services, access to the beach and isn't too huge but really am not that picky. Just really want to avoid a super commercialized environment with all you can eat buffets and plastic experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 May get together in Paris
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Day trips from Florence
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 12 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies