My (soon to be) wife and I are looking for advice on possible honeymoon locations for a 12 day trip this October. Priority for us are, in this order:
- Good food & wine
- Cultural & historical context
- Warm weather
- Opportunity for adventure
- Possibility of kiteboarding, we both kite extensively so it would be nice but is not a "must"
Looking at Sardinia or Sicily as well as considering Seville in Spain. I'd like to avoid too much moving around but would also love to avoid just sitting in a beach hammock the whole time too.
We are reasonably constrained by budget too. I would love to find a cute hotel that has nice services, access to the beach and isn't too huge but really am not that picky. Just really want to avoid a super commercialized environment with all you can eat buffets and plastic experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 2 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 House Hunting in France
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 So much to do, so little time!
- 13 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 14 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 18 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov