My (soon to be) wife and I are looking for advice on possible honeymoon locations for a 12 day trip this October. Priority for us are, in this order:
- Good food & wine
- Cultural & historical context
- Warm weather
- Opportunity for adventure
- Possibility of kiteboarding, we both kite extensively so it would be nice but is not a "must"
Looking at Sardinia or Sicily as well as considering Seville in Spain. I'd like to avoid too much moving around but would also love to avoid just sitting in a beach hammock the whole time too.
We are reasonably constrained by budget too. I would love to find a cute hotel that has nice services, access to the beach and isn't too huge but really am not that picky. Just really want to avoid a super commercialized environment with all you can eat buffets and plastic experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester