I have booked a 10 night trip to Sardinia for myself, husband and 2 smalls (aged 4 and 7). Very excited, it looks so beautiful. We are staying a 10 minute drive from San Teodoro, a few minutes walk to a village called Monte Pedrosu and near a beach called Cala Girgolu (our hotel apartments: http://www.freelance-holidays.co.uk/accommodation_detail.php?accom_id=180). We have car hire booked.
Can anyone give us any recommendations? We are huge beach lovers and would probably spend more time on the beach/in the water than by the pool at our apartments. But we'd like to explore the area too - we love ruins, natural landmarks, towns and villages, fine eateries, anything at all that is interesting and memorable. I do keep seeing pictures of amazing rock formations but not sure where on the island these are. Also - watersports, any advice or tips appreciated.
Also, should we learn some basic Italian? I hear that there is not much English spoken.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?