I have booked a 10 night trip to Sardinia for myself, husband and 2 smalls (aged 4 and 7). Very excited, it looks so beautiful. We are staying a 10 minute drive from San Teodoro, a few minutes walk to a village called Monte Pedrosu and near a beach called Cala Girgolu (our hotel apartments: http://www.freelance-holidays.co.uk/accommodation_detail.php?accom_id=180). We have car hire booked.
Can anyone give us any recommendations? We are huge beach lovers and would probably spend more time on the beach/in the water than by the pool at our apartments. But we'd like to explore the area too - we love ruins, natural landmarks, towns and villages, fine eateries, anything at all that is interesting and memorable. I do keep seeing pictures of amazing rock formations but not sure where on the island these are. Also - watersports, any advice or tips appreciated.
Also, should we learn some basic Italian? I hear that there is not much English spoken.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets