I have booked a 10 night trip to Sardinia for myself, husband and 2 smalls (aged 4 and 7). Very excited, it looks so beautiful. We are staying a 10 minute drive from San Teodoro, a few minutes walk to a village called Monte Pedrosu and near a beach called Cala Girgolu (our hotel apartments: http://www.freelance-holidays.co.uk/accommodation_detail.php?accom_id=180). We have car hire booked.
Can anyone give us any recommendations? We are huge beach lovers and would probably spend more time on the beach/in the water than by the pool at our apartments. But we'd like to explore the area too - we love ruins, natural landmarks, towns and villages, fine eateries, anything at all that is interesting and memorable. I do keep seeing pictures of amazing rock formations but not sure where on the island these are. Also - watersports, any advice or tips appreciated.
Also, should we learn some basic Italian? I hear that there is not much English spoken.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 2 10 day Italy
- 3 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 8 Prague itinerary advice
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Ireland
- 13 Killarney
- 14 Italian car factory tours
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 21 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 22 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 23 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?