I have booked a 10 night trip to Sardinia for myself, husband and 2 smalls (aged 4 and 7). Very excited, it looks so beautiful. We are staying a 10 minute drive from San Teodoro, a few minutes walk to a village called Monte Pedrosu and near a beach called Cala Girgolu (our hotel apartments: http://www.freelance-holidays.co.uk/accommodation_detail.php?accom_id=180). We have car hire booked.
Can anyone give us any recommendations? We are huge beach lovers and would probably spend more time on the beach/in the water than by the pool at our apartments. But we'd like to explore the area too - we love ruins, natural landmarks, towns and villages, fine eateries, anything at all that is interesting and memorable. I do keep seeing pictures of amazing rock formations but not sure where on the island these are. Also - watersports, any advice or tips appreciated.
Also, should we learn some basic Italian? I hear that there is not much English spoken.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Ireland travel passport question
- 4 Italy
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Revised itinerary for italy
- 10 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 Biarritz family holiday
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Lisbon hotel
- 15 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 4 Days in Tuscany
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 25 Another northern Italy itinerary.