Having searched the internet high and low for over two weeks, I am unable to come to a decision about our holiday to Sardinia for 9 days in early June this year. We are a couple in our late twenties. We are huge beach lovers and love good food and exploring new towns. We fly into Cagliari and out of Alghero and have rented a car for the duration of our stay. Following is the confusion:
We drive straight to Santa Maria Navarasse from the airport where we'll be spending 3 days. From here we head to the north for 3 days and spend the last 3 days in Alghero. We cannot decide where to base ourselves in the north! We are keen to visit the Costa Smeralda for the stunning beaches, take a boat or the ferry out to the Maddalena islands for a day. Having a car will allow us to move along the coast in the day, however we do want to stay in an area that is a little lively in the evening. Not neccessarliy night clubs but more like nice restaurants and bars. We are looking at Porto Rotondo, Cannigione, San Pantaleo and Santa Teresa Gallura as bases in the north. I have heard mixed (??) things about Porto Cervo & Porto Rotondo.....whereas we are not keen to be in the middle of a lot of pretentiousness but at the same time do not want to be in a very quiet town.
Any recommendations on which would be most suitable? Also we would love some recommendations on the best beaches in these areas.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 4 Rome or Venice first
- 5 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 9 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 10 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 14 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 15 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 16 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 17 Athens Help
- 18 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 19 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 20 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords