Having searched the internet high and low for over two weeks, I am unable to come to a decision about our holiday to Sardinia for 9 days in early June this year. We are a couple in our late twenties. We are huge beach lovers and love good food and exploring new towns. We fly into Cagliari and out of Alghero and have rented a car for the duration of our stay. Following is the confusion:
We drive straight to Santa Maria Navarasse from the airport where we'll be spending 3 days. From here we head to the north for 3 days and spend the last 3 days in Alghero. We cannot decide where to base ourselves in the north! We are keen to visit the Costa Smeralda for the stunning beaches, take a boat or the ferry out to the Maddalena islands for a day. Having a car will allow us to move along the coast in the day, however we do want to stay in an area that is a little lively in the evening. Not neccessarliy night clubs but more like nice restaurants and bars. We are looking at Porto Rotondo, Cannigione, San Pantaleo and Santa Teresa Gallura as bases in the north. I have heard mixed (??) things about Porto Cervo & Porto Rotondo.....whereas we are not keen to be in the middle of a lot of pretentiousness but at the same time do not want to be in a very quiet town.
Any recommendations on which would be most suitable? Also we would love some recommendations on the best beaches in these areas.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Places to visit from Zurich
- 7 casusyazılım
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 10 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 13 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 14 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Porto in January
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 19 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 20 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 21 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 22 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 23 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 24 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 25 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?