Having searched the internet high and low for over two weeks, I am unable to come to a decision about our holiday to Sardinia for 9 days in early June this year. We are a couple in our late twenties. We are huge beach lovers and love good food and exploring new towns. We fly into Cagliari and out of Alghero and have rented a car for the duration of our stay. Following is the confusion:
We drive straight to Santa Maria Navarasse from the airport where we'll be spending 3 days. From here we head to the north for 3 days and spend the last 3 days in Alghero. We cannot decide where to base ourselves in the north! We are keen to visit the Costa Smeralda for the stunning beaches, take a boat or the ferry out to the Maddalena islands for a day. Having a car will allow us to move along the coast in the day, however we do want to stay in an area that is a little lively in the evening. Not neccessarliy night clubs but more like nice restaurants and bars. We are looking at Porto Rotondo, Cannigione, San Pantaleo and Santa Teresa Gallura as bases in the north. I have heard mixed (??) things about Porto Cervo & Porto Rotondo.....whereas we are not keen to be in the middle of a lot of pretentiousness but at the same time do not want to be in a very quiet town.
Any recommendations on which would be most suitable? Also we would love some recommendations on the best beaches in these areas.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 10 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 11 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Athens tour guide advice
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 Trip to Switzerland
- 19 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 23 IWM
- 24 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 25 One night in the Dolomites