Having searched the internet high and low for over two weeks, I am unable to come to a decision about our holiday to Sardinia for 9 days in early June this year. We are a couple in our late twenties. We are huge beach lovers and love good food and exploring new towns. We fly into Cagliari and out of Alghero and have rented a car for the duration of our stay. Following is the confusion:
We drive straight to Santa Maria Navarasse from the airport where we'll be spending 3 days. From here we head to the north for 3 days and spend the last 3 days in Alghero. We cannot decide where to base ourselves in the north! We are keen to visit the Costa Smeralda for the stunning beaches, take a boat or the ferry out to the Maddalena islands for a day. Having a car will allow us to move along the coast in the day, however we do want to stay in an area that is a little lively in the evening. Not neccessarliy night clubs but more like nice restaurants and bars. We are looking at Porto Rotondo, Cannigione, San Pantaleo and Santa Teresa Gallura as bases in the north. I have heard mixed (??) things about Porto Cervo & Porto Rotondo.....whereas we are not keen to be in the middle of a lot of pretentiousness but at the same time do not want to be in a very quiet town.
Any recommendations on which would be most suitable? Also we would love some recommendations on the best beaches in these areas.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Interesting places to visit
- 13 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 14 Swiss Travel Pass
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 6-7 Days in France
- 18 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 5 Days in Switzerland
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Another tipping question: concierges
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 Budapest in December 2017