We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 2 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 6 4 week trip Turkey
- 7 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 8 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 9 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 10 Scotland Trip
- 11 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 12 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 13 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 14 Advices about our itiniary
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 19 What to take to Germany
- 20 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 21 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 22 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 23 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 24 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 25 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance