We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 2 Guides - Matera
- 3 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 4 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 3 days to spend in europe
- 7 Europe Sim card help
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 Buying flowers in London?
- 10 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 11 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 12 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 13 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 14 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 15 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 16 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 17 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 18 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 19 MiFi in Italy
- 20 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 21 One quick week -- where in France?
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 25 Ravello to Paestum