We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 4 Avignon or St. remy
- 5 On my way to Puglia
- 6 The highlands
- 7 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 10 Camino Redux
- 11 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 12 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 13 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 14 Car rental/return near London
- 15 Belgium for the 1st time
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 18 Rungis market Paris
- 19 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 20 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 23 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 24 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 25 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day