We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Sardinia best of mid aug
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Overnight stopover in London!
- 3 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 9 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 10 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 13 Walking around Barcelona??
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Spain and Portugal
- 18 Three for the road
- 19 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 20 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013