We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Sardinia best of mid aug
- 1 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 2 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 3 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 4 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 5 Planning my days in Paris
- 6 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 7 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 8 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 11 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 12 Bank of England Museum
- 13 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 14 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 17 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 18 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 19 Palermo and Taormina
- 20 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 21 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 22 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 23 Where to stay for one night ???
- 24 Car Rental Locations
- 25 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich