We are planning a trip to Sardinia for two weeks mid Aug. The whole island looks amazing but we would like you to guide us so as where to base ourselves as we are planning to base ourselves in two areas to be able to see as much as possible. In order to help us choose our two bases, here are our interests and taste:
We are a couple in our early forties with a 4 years old boy.
We like places like St tropez, Cannes, MOnte Carlo, Portofino and Marbella.. We also like places like Luberon area and Ronda in Spain.
This is our only trip in the year so we try to pamper ourselves by staying in 5 stars hotels. We prefer new modern and care that they are clean.
We usually rent a car and explore the nearby villages but we also like to spend few days on the beach (not a pool)..
Did some research and thought of Porto Cervo in the north east ....what do you think given the above? How are those different or similar from the examples we gave? Any other recommendations that fit our criteria?
Also any recommendations for 5 stars hotels in those areas?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG 1:800-681-7208 Installation :avg tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 aol Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 aol Tec*h car*e
- 3 Schengen Rule
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 6 Russia in two weeks in December
- 7 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 9 Days in Spain
- 10 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 11 Norway Honeymoon
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 14 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 15 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 16 Our future trip to Greece
- 17 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?