I'm trying to set up our holidays in Sardinia and I am struggling a little bit. Let's see if someone can give me a hand.
We will be staying in the island for 14 nights, flying into Olbia. We have two young daughters (3 & 5) who are generally OK with spending time in the car, but up to a limit obviously and I don't want to wear them out.
We want to combine beaches which my girls can enjoy with seeing cities / small towns and beautiful landscapes (which is what I enjoy). We want to escape from the masses but without being too on our own, i.e. somewhere were we are 20 km radius of a place with a bit of life and choice max.
My questions would be:
1) Should we go for 2 locations (7 nights each) or 3 (5, 5, 4 or similar)? We don't want to split it thinner because with two small girls it would be a bit too hard. We are not biased to north or south or whatever, at the end of the day we have never been to Sardinia and no one is saying this will be the last time we go...
2) Based on your suggestion for 1) which areas would you recommend?
Depending on your answers I might feel tempted to ask a few more questions
Thanks very much in advance. I know a bit about Umbria and Spain and I'm living in London, so I would be happy to try to help as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona