I'm trying to set up our holidays in Sardinia and I am struggling a little bit. Let's see if someone can give me a hand.
We will be staying in the island for 14 nights, flying into Olbia. We have two young daughters (3 & 5) who are generally OK with spending time in the car, but up to a limit obviously and I don't want to wear them out.
We want to combine beaches which my girls can enjoy with seeing cities / small towns and beautiful landscapes (which is what I enjoy). We want to escape from the masses but without being too on our own, i.e. somewhere were we are 20 km radius of a place with a bit of life and choice max.
My questions would be:
1) Should we go for 2 locations (7 nights each) or 3 (5, 5, 4 or similar)? We don't want to split it thinner because with two small girls it would be a bit too hard. We are not biased to north or south or whatever, at the end of the day we have never been to Sardinia and no one is saying this will be the last time we go...
2) Based on your suggestion for 1) which areas would you recommend?
Depending on your answers I might feel tempted to ask a few more questions
Thanks very much in advance. I know a bit about Umbria and Spain and I'm living in London, so I would be happy to try to help as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 9 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 10 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 11 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 12 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 15 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 16 Christmas in Spain
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 Train travel to and from Paris
- 19 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 20 Zadar or Sibenik
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 23 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 Driving in Italy