I'm trying to set up our holidays in Sardinia and I am struggling a little bit. Let's see if someone can give me a hand.
We will be staying in the island for 14 nights, flying into Olbia. We have two young daughters (3 & 5) who are generally OK with spending time in the car, but up to a limit obviously and I don't want to wear them out.
We want to combine beaches which my girls can enjoy with seeing cities / small towns and beautiful landscapes (which is what I enjoy). We want to escape from the masses but without being too on our own, i.e. somewhere were we are 20 km radius of a place with a bit of life and choice max.
My questions would be:
1) Should we go for 2 locations (7 nights each) or 3 (5, 5, 4 or similar)? We don't want to split it thinner because with two small girls it would be a bit too hard. We are not biased to north or south or whatever, at the end of the day we have never been to Sardinia and no one is saying this will be the last time we go...
2) Based on your suggestion for 1) which areas would you recommend?
Depending on your answers I might feel tempted to ask a few more questions
Thanks very much in advance. I know a bit about Umbria and Spain and I'm living in London, so I would be happy to try to help as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Summer Travel order
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 14 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 15 Swiss Travel Pass
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 18 Another tipping question: concierges
- 19 24 hours in Zurich
- 20 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 21 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 22 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 25 Places to visit during a semester in Spain