I'm trying to set up our holidays in Sardinia and I am struggling a little bit. Let's see if someone can give me a hand.
We will be staying in the island for 14 nights, flying into Olbia. We have two young daughters (3 & 5) who are generally OK with spending time in the car, but up to a limit obviously and I don't want to wear them out.
We want to combine beaches which my girls can enjoy with seeing cities / small towns and beautiful landscapes (which is what I enjoy). We want to escape from the masses but without being too on our own, i.e. somewhere were we are 20 km radius of a place with a bit of life and choice max.
My questions would be:
1) Should we go for 2 locations (7 nights each) or 3 (5, 5, 4 or similar)? We don't want to split it thinner because with two small girls it would be a bit too hard. We are not biased to north or south or whatever, at the end of the day we have never been to Sardinia and no one is saying this will be the last time we go...
2) Based on your suggestion for 1) which areas would you recommend?
Depending on your answers I might feel tempted to ask a few more questions
Thanks very much in advance. I know a bit about Umbria and Spain and I'm living in London, so I would be happy to try to help as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 Avoid Europcar!
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 6 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 7 quickest way to Prague
- 8 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 9 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 17 Amsterdam
- 18 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 19 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 20 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 21 Train / Calabria
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 25 Paris for children