My wife and I will be flying into Dubrovnik and then heading up to Ljubljana for a friend's wedding this summer. We know that we want to head inland from Dubrovnik to Mostar before proceeding to Split. The question is whether to continue into Sarajevo for a couple of days or to spend that time later in the trip in Rovinj and the surrounding areas in Istria. I understand that this likely depends on personal preference so just for background we both enjoy history immensely although my wife (as a language teacher) is equally as interested in the cultural nuances of each area. So I guess the 2 options are as follows:
1. Dubrovnik to Mostar to Split to Plitvice to Rovinj/Pula/Istria to Ljubljana OR
2. Dubrovnik to Sarajevo to Mostar(or vice versa) to Split to Plitvice to Ljubljana
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017