My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to the Cyclades for 5-6 days next summer when they will be 14 and 16. While my husband and I are thinking Santorini, I keep reading that it is not a great place for kids while Naxos and Paros are. Now, teens are not really kids, but we are still not sure what to do. We were hoping to just stay on one island as we area going to Athens for 2-3 days for the typical touristy sites, then the Cyclades for 5-6 days then to Copenhagen for a week and don't want to be bopping around too much. We typically rent apts whenever we travel instead of staying in hotels, yet another reason for fewer destinations. While my husband and I love to hike, our kids are not that wild about any hike longer than an hour or two. We are all athletic though and like to stay active on vacation while relaxing at the same time, e.g. go to sites in morning and beach in afternoon or drive/hike to small village, have lunch and just stroll around. Any advice appreciated, especially from those who have travelled to the Cyclades with teens. Thank you. Jennifer
Santorini, Paros or Naxos for family with teens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 6 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 7 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 Moving to Belfast
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 Rome---August and September
- 13 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 14 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 18 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 19 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 20 4-6 weeks
- 21 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 24 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer