My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to the Cyclades for 5-6 days next summer when they will be 14 and 16. While my husband and I are thinking Santorini, I keep reading that it is not a great place for kids while Naxos and Paros are. Now, teens are not really kids, but we are still not sure what to do. We were hoping to just stay on one island as we area going to Athens for 2-3 days for the typical touristy sites, then the Cyclades for 5-6 days then to Copenhagen for a week and don't want to be bopping around too much. We typically rent apts whenever we travel instead of staying in hotels, yet another reason for fewer destinations. While my husband and I love to hike, our kids are not that wild about any hike longer than an hour or two. We are all athletic though and like to stay active on vacation while relaxing at the same time, e.g. go to sites in morning and beach in afternoon or drive/hike to small village, have lunch and just stroll around. Any advice appreciated, especially from those who have travelled to the Cyclades with teens. Thank you. Jennifer
Santorini, Paros or Naxos for family with teens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 2 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 3 Paris and where else?
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 6 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 7 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Internet or travel agent?
- 10 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 11 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 14 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 15 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 16 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 20 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 25 Raining in rome