My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to the Cyclades for 5-6 days next summer when they will be 14 and 16. While my husband and I are thinking Santorini, I keep reading that it is not a great place for kids while Naxos and Paros are. Now, teens are not really kids, but we are still not sure what to do. We were hoping to just stay on one island as we area going to Athens for 2-3 days for the typical touristy sites, then the Cyclades for 5-6 days then to Copenhagen for a week and don't want to be bopping around too much. We typically rent apts whenever we travel instead of staying in hotels, yet another reason for fewer destinations. While my husband and I love to hike, our kids are not that wild about any hike longer than an hour or two. We are all athletic though and like to stay active on vacation while relaxing at the same time, e.g. go to sites in morning and beach in afternoon or drive/hike to small village, have lunch and just stroll around. Any advice appreciated, especially from those who have travelled to the Cyclades with teens. Thank you. Jennifer
Santorini, Paros or Naxos for family with teens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 Help me plan a Trip
- 3 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 4 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 5 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 6 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 7 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 8 England, Paris itinerary help
- 9 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 10 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 11 Germany for 3 weeks
- 12 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 13 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 14 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 15 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 16 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 17 Sardinia Advice
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Making reservations in Italy
- 20 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 21 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 22 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 23 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 24 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 25 Accommodations in Paris