My husband and I are taking our two teenage girls to the Cyclades for 5-6 days next summer when they will be 14 and 16. While my husband and I are thinking Santorini, I keep reading that it is not a great place for kids while Naxos and Paros are. Now, teens are not really kids, but we are still not sure what to do. We were hoping to just stay on one island as we area going to Athens for 2-3 days for the typical touristy sites, then the Cyclades for 5-6 days then to Copenhagen for a week and don't want to be bopping around too much. We typically rent apts whenever we travel instead of staying in hotels, yet another reason for fewer destinations. While my husband and I love to hike, our kids are not that wild about any hike longer than an hour or two. We are all athletic though and like to stay active on vacation while relaxing at the same time, e.g. go to sites in morning and beach in afternoon or drive/hike to small village, have lunch and just stroll around. Any advice appreciated, especially from those who have travelled to the Cyclades with teens. Thank you. Jennifer
Santorini, Paros or Naxos for family with teens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 Munich with a car?
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 9 Day trip on the Rhine
- 10 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 museum passes in Rome
- 14 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 17 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 18 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 19 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 22 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 25 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey