My husband and I have a cruise planned for the above mentioned places for next year and I'm hoping that some of you may be able to give me some guidance on some of these destinations. I am in a small, manual wheelchair (about 20 lbs) and cannot walk at all. More than 2-3 stairs is undoable and gravel and sand are quite difficult. However cobble stones, uneven terrain, and unpaved areas are not an issue.
Firstly, we normally don't do cruises in Europe - I really prefer to have more time to explore and really experience new places. We are choosing to do a cruise this time because we have wanted to go to Greece for years, but it is quite intimidating for me as I know that it is less accessible than most places we have travelled. I'm hoping to be able to do SOMETHING on the Greek islands and hopefully enjoy it enough to be able to visit for a longer period of time down the road.
Santorini - I know this will be extremely difficult. I've read that the cable car is accessible, but I am hoping that someone that has been there recently or knows it well might be able to describe the situation a bit better for me since everything I've read has been quite brief. At the top of the cable car would it be possible to walk around or are there stairs in every direction? Is a private driver an option? If a driver drove us to say Oia or some other town, would I then be able to get around or are there still stairs everywhere? I know that taxis are limited on the island so I'm just concerned that once we get to the top we'll be stuck. My husband can carry me up several steps, but certainly not flights at a time.
Mykonos - I've read that this is much more doable than Santorini. Any advice/suggestions? We don't really plan to spend time at the beach as we'd much rather use our limited time to explore the town.
Athens - I know the Acropolis is accessible (yay!!). Any advice/suggestions welcome.
Messina - We plan to go to Taormina here via taxi or private driver. In general, does Taormina seem relatively wheelchair accessible? Flat or hilly? I havent been able to find much information on the city in regard to wheelchair accessibility.
Naples - Here we are deiciding between Capri or Sorrento. I know that the ferries are accessible, but my concern is how much we will be able to see in either one of these places once we get there. If you had to recommend one or the other based on my needs, which would it be?
I want to add that I have travelled to quite a many places where people had warned me against visiting and ended up having no problems at all. I am quite mobile and we're pretty adventurous.
Just for reference, these are some of the places I've visited that were initially questionable, yet I ended up having no issues getting around...
Tuscan hilltowns(the only challenge here was that some of them were quite steep, but we made it work)
Cinque Terre (though not all areas of all the towns)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 33카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라の아시안바카라
- 2 럭스카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소ば인터넷카지노주소
- 3 카지노의여신■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소ト온라인카지노주소
- 4 강남카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소カ인터넷바카라주소
- 5 하나바카라 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ぅ슈퍼카지노
- 6 신천지릴게임 ▶홈-피:“kss998.com“◀
- 7 네임드카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소セ카지노사이트주소
- 8 운좋은카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ぉ온라인카지노
- 9 바카라배팅노하우■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ィ코리아카지노
- 10 호게임주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라パ인터넷바카라
- 11 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 12 바카라잘하는방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노フ인터넷카지노
- 13 바카라그림보는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노し온라인카지노
- 14 스웨덴카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소お온라인카지노주소
- 15 공항바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ン슈퍼카지노
- 16 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 17 카지노이기는방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라ば바카라
- 18 블랙잭하는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소じ바카라사이트주소
- 19 온라인F1카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천ヘ바카라추천
- 20 헬로우카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ボ아시안바카라
- 21 바카라베이■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소ヒ인터넷카지노주소
- 22 무료바카라게임■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천ジ바카라추천
- 23 설악바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ュ생중계카지노
- 24 부산바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노え인터넷카지노
- 25 Best of Norway
Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, Messina/Taormina, Naples(Capri or Sorrento) in a wheelchair? Help!