If your itinerary puts you on Santorini on July 22 try to be in Oia for the Full Moonrise at 8:16pm, which coincides with the sunset, which is at 8:43pm. This is a rare event not to be missed. If you have a good vantage point you can watch both events within 30 minutes of each other. As busy as the viewpoint gets at the Byzantine Castle, this is one of the few spots where you can watch both. You can also watch it from the Kastro Restaurant, Pelekanos Restaurant or the Strogili Restaurant.
Santorini -- July 22 Full Moon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 9 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 12 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 13 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 14 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 15 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 16 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 21 I think this is a scam!
- 22 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 23 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 24 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?