If your itinerary puts you on Santorini on July 22 try to be in Oia for the Full Moonrise at 8:16pm, which coincides with the sunset, which is at 8:43pm. This is a rare event not to be missed. If you have a good vantage point you can watch both events within 30 minutes of each other. As busy as the viewpoint gets at the Byzantine Castle, this is one of the few spots where you can watch both. You can also watch it from the Kastro Restaurant, Pelekanos Restaurant or the Strogili Restaurant.
Santorini -- July 22 Full Moon
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 5 Overnight stopover in London!
- 6 Walking around Barcelona??
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 10 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 11 Novels set in Greece
- 12 Spain and Portugal
- 13 Three for the road
- 14 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 20 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 A very bad experience with Rentalcars
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 France and Spain Travel Itinerary