If your itinerary puts you on Santorini on July 22 try to be in Oia for the Full Moonrise at 8:16pm, which coincides with the sunset, which is at 8:43pm. This is a rare event not to be missed. If you have a good vantage point you can watch both events within 30 minutes of each other. As busy as the viewpoint gets at the Byzantine Castle, this is one of the few spots where you can watch both. You can also watch it from the Kastro Restaurant, Pelekanos Restaurant or the Strogili Restaurant.
Santorini -- July 22 Full Moon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dört Tepeler at Elbeyli, İznik
- 2 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 3 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 4 Change in Travel
- 5 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 6 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 7 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 8 Typical where to go honeymoon question. But please help
- 9 Why Is Europe Becoming More Prudish? Or Is It?
- 10 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 11 Italy and Greece in 2 Weeks?!
- 12 Getting Around Greece
- 13 Snorkling around Var?
- 14 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 15 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 16 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 17 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 18 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 19 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 20 Exhibition of Canaletto's paintings in Aix-en-Provence
- 21 Help with Choice of Greek Islands for Honeymoon
- 22 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 23 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 24 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 25 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?