My husband and I are finally returning to the Amalfi Coast for some much needed R&R in June. On our honeymoon, we stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved Positano. Unfortunately, Le Sirenuse (and its competition San Pietro) are both showing rates of 650-850 euros for their most standard rooms. We can't splurge that much, but we still want to be pampered in a fabulous hotel with a fabulous pool and view. Both Palazzo Avino and Santa Caterina are options, but I can't decide! Our basic day to day itinerary will be relaxing by the pool sipping cocktails, venturing out for lunches and dinners, and brousing the town shops, galleries, etc. This is what we did in Positano and we were never bored. We would likely visit Positano one day, and may try to do a boat charter down the coast one day. Otherwise, I imagine us sticking in the town where we stay. We're going for 4 or 5 nights, then on to Rome for 2 nights before we fly home (by the way, a good, well located but not too pricey Rome hotel is also needed!). Which hotel/town would you choose? Thanks for any suggestions!
Santa Caterina (amalfi) or Palazzo Avino (Ravello)?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Questions
- 2 Place to propose
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 6 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 9 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 10 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Lake como
- 13 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 16 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 17 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 18 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 19 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 20 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 21 Three for the road
- 22 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 23 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?