My husband and I are finally returning to the Amalfi Coast for some much needed R&R in June. On our honeymoon, we stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved Positano. Unfortunately, Le Sirenuse (and its competition San Pietro) are both showing rates of 650-850 euros for their most standard rooms. We can't splurge that much, but we still want to be pampered in a fabulous hotel with a fabulous pool and view. Both Palazzo Avino and Santa Caterina are options, but I can't decide! Our basic day to day itinerary will be relaxing by the pool sipping cocktails, venturing out for lunches and dinners, and brousing the town shops, galleries, etc. This is what we did in Positano and we were never bored. We would likely visit Positano one day, and may try to do a boat charter down the coast one day. Otherwise, I imagine us sticking in the town where we stay. We're going for 4 or 5 nights, then on to Rome for 2 nights before we fly home (by the way, a good, well located but not too pricey Rome hotel is also needed!). Which hotel/town would you choose? Thanks for any suggestions!
Santa Caterina (amalfi) or Palazzo Avino (Ravello)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Bregenz or Lindau
- 7 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 10 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 11 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 12 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 13 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 14 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 15 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 16 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 17 Best beach town in Italy?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 20 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 21 Weekend in Norfolk
- 22 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 23 A Greek sojourn
- 24 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir