My husband and I are finally returning to the Amalfi Coast for some much needed R&R in June. On our honeymoon, we stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved Positano. Unfortunately, Le Sirenuse (and its competition San Pietro) are both showing rates of 650-850 euros for their most standard rooms. We can't splurge that much, but we still want to be pampered in a fabulous hotel with a fabulous pool and view. Both Palazzo Avino and Santa Caterina are options, but I can't decide! Our basic day to day itinerary will be relaxing by the pool sipping cocktails, venturing out for lunches and dinners, and brousing the town shops, galleries, etc. This is what we did in Positano and we were never bored. We would likely visit Positano one day, and may try to do a boat charter down the coast one day. Otherwise, I imagine us sticking in the town where we stay. We're going for 4 or 5 nights, then on to Rome for 2 nights before we fly home (by the way, a good, well located but not too pricey Rome hotel is also needed!). Which hotel/town would you choose? Thanks for any suggestions!
Santa Caterina (amalfi) or Palazzo Avino (Ravello)?
- 1 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 2 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 3 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 4 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 5 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 6 Germany student visa to tourist visa
- 7 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 8 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 9 Backpacking through Europe
- 10 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 11 Mobile Phone Users Cut International telephone charges
- 12 Airport transfer from Sorrento to Naples
- 13 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 14 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 15 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 16 Rhine River Intinerary
- 17 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 21 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 22 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 23 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 24 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy