My husband and I are finally returning to the Amalfi Coast for some much needed R&R in June. On our honeymoon, we stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved Positano. Unfortunately, Le Sirenuse (and its competition San Pietro) are both showing rates of 650-850 euros for their most standard rooms. We can't splurge that much, but we still want to be pampered in a fabulous hotel with a fabulous pool and view. Both Palazzo Avino and Santa Caterina are options, but I can't decide! Our basic day to day itinerary will be relaxing by the pool sipping cocktails, venturing out for lunches and dinners, and brousing the town shops, galleries, etc. This is what we did in Positano and we were never bored. We would likely visit Positano one day, and may try to do a boat charter down the coast one day. Otherwise, I imagine us sticking in the town where we stay. We're going for 4 or 5 nights, then on to Rome for 2 nights before we fly home (by the way, a good, well located but not too pricey Rome hotel is also needed!). Which hotel/town would you choose? Thanks for any suggestions!
Santa Caterina (amalfi) or Palazzo Avino (Ravello)?
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 3 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 4 day trips from Stuttgart
- 5 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 6 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 7 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 8 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 9 Dolomites Drives
- 10 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 11 RHK's heading to Europe
- 12 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 13 Germany with 6 month old.
- 14 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 15 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 16 Time in Strasbourg?
- 17 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 18 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 19 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 20 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 21 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 22 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 23 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 24 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 25 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report