My husband and I are finally returning to the Amalfi Coast for some much needed R&R in June. On our honeymoon, we stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved Positano. Unfortunately, Le Sirenuse (and its competition San Pietro) are both showing rates of 650-850 euros for their most standard rooms. We can't splurge that much, but we still want to be pampered in a fabulous hotel with a fabulous pool and view. Both Palazzo Avino and Santa Caterina are options, but I can't decide! Our basic day to day itinerary will be relaxing by the pool sipping cocktails, venturing out for lunches and dinners, and brousing the town shops, galleries, etc. This is what we did in Positano and we were never bored. We would likely visit Positano one day, and may try to do a boat charter down the coast one day. Otherwise, I imagine us sticking in the town where we stay. We're going for 4 or 5 nights, then on to Rome for 2 nights before we fly home (by the way, a good, well located but not too pricey Rome hotel is also needed!). Which hotel/town would you choose? Thanks for any suggestions!
Santa Caterina (amalfi) or Palazzo Avino (Ravello)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 2 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 3 7 days in Greece
- 4 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 5 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 6 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 Reims for a day
- 8 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 9 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Vienna highlights
- 20 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 25 Seville hotels