My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 4 Spain car rental questions
- 5 Verona or Athens?
- 6 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 7 Help with first time trip with family
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 10 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 11 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 14 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 European Cooking Secrets
- 19 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 20 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 21 RHK's Fall escape
- 22 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 23 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 24 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th