My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
San Sebastian to Lisbon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 2 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 3 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 4 mallorca
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 Spanish Music
- 7 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 10 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Paris winter sales
- 14 Germany for 3 weeks
- 15 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 16 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 17 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 18 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 19 Renting an apt.
- 20 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 21 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 22 Amalfi coast in May
- 23 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 24 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 25 Ediburgh lodging - July.