My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi