My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 3 Iceland car rental agencies
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 London with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Best Viking Sites
- 7 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 8 Ex-pats with young kids
- 9 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 10 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Hotels in Turin
- 16 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 17 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 18 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 21 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 22 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 23 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?