My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 2 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 3 T Mobile Does it Again
- 4 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 5 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 6 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Seville Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Florence 2 weeks
- 16 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 17 Santorini
- 18 One in Paris ... help
- 19 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 20 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 21 Which order should I travel
- 22 Which order should I travel
- 23 Which order should I travel
- 24 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 25 Train questions for Switzerland