My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Theater in London
- 6 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 Umbria / Le Marche
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 14 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 15 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 16 Food in Positano
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Katyn massacres
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions