My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 2 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 3 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 4 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 5 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 6 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 7 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 8 What clothes?
- 9 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 10 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Bandol port of call
- 13 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 14 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 15 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 16 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 17 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 18 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 19 Scotland Highlands
- 20 Bavaria in August
- 21 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 24 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 25 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna