My partner and I have 3 weeks set for our trip to Europe to travel through Spain and Portugal.
We begin with 4 days in San Sebastian with friends then have just over 2 weeks before we head back to Australia (We are also travelling in france for 2 weeks and the UK prior to this).
Flights home have not been booked because I am unsure the best place to fly out of if we were to hire a van and drive around.
My boyfriend wants to travel to lisbon by the costal route however I am keen to get some other travel ideas to save time and see the best parts.
Any suggestions regarding;
-preference of van or car
-other travel option (rail)
-how long in the major cites
-direction of travel
would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind it will be July next year and more interested in summer activities then staying in the hustle and bustle of the cities. We are not travelling on a strict budget.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interrail across Europe
- 2 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 3 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 4 One day in Lille, France
- 5 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 8 Corsica
- 9 CDG to Marais transfer
- 10 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 11 London best location
- 12 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 13 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 14 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 15 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 16 Transportation Question Italy
- 17 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 18 Cinqueterre
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 London Restaurants
- 21 Train tickets in Italy?
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 24 17 days in England
- 25 VENICE