My husband and I are travelling to Spain mid-August for 12-13 nights. We are flying into Barcelona and out of Madrid. I have 4 nights that I still have open, and since we are exploring 2 cities, I wanted to break it up a bit with beach or/and mountains.
Originally I wanted to head south to Granada and Seville, but I understand it will be too hot in Auguest, especially since neither are on the beach. Instead I was thinking perhaps San Sebastian or Mallorca. I've read a bit on both and crused some of the postings, but had additional questions.
1) Does Mallorca attract a similar crowde as Ibiza? My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we enjoy going out and would like some sort of upscale scene, however, Ibiza is not our thing, even though it looks beautiful.
2) Is there a specific area of Mallorca that would be better - Northeast perhaps? I read some posts about violent muggings by Palma in the south...
3) Weather in San Sebastian - I read the average temp in Aug is low 70s F - is this accurate? Isn't that a little chilly for beach weather?
One last thing - I have a severe shellfish allergy (cannot be cooked on same grill even) - I know shellfish is a staple in both places - was wondering if I may have an easier time in one place over the other...
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 4 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 5 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 10 Croatia transportation question.
- 11 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 18 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 19 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 20 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 21 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Cutback on Spain trip
- 24 where to stay in London?
- 25 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain