My husband and I are travelling to Spain mid-August for 12-13 nights. We are flying into Barcelona and out of Madrid. I have 4 nights that I still have open, and since we are exploring 2 cities, I wanted to break it up a bit with beach or/and mountains.
Originally I wanted to head south to Granada and Seville, but I understand it will be too hot in Auguest, especially since neither are on the beach. Instead I was thinking perhaps San Sebastian or Mallorca. I've read a bit on both and crused some of the postings, but had additional questions.
1) Does Mallorca attract a similar crowde as Ibiza? My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we enjoy going out and would like some sort of upscale scene, however, Ibiza is not our thing, even though it looks beautiful.
2) Is there a specific area of Mallorca that would be better - Northeast perhaps? I read some posts about violent muggings by Palma in the south...
3) Weather in San Sebastian - I read the average temp in Aug is low 70s F - is this accurate? Isn't that a little chilly for beach weather?
One last thing - I have a severe shellfish allergy (cannot be cooked on same grill even) - I know shellfish is a staple in both places - was wondering if I may have an easier time in one place over the other...
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 5 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 6 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 7 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Versailles
- 12 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 15 driving from prague to salzburg
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 18 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 19 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 23 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip