My husband and I are travelling to Spain mid-August for 12-13 nights. We are flying into Barcelona and out of Madrid. I have 4 nights that I still have open, and since we are exploring 2 cities, I wanted to break it up a bit with beach or/and mountains.
Originally I wanted to head south to Granada and Seville, but I understand it will be too hot in Auguest, especially since neither are on the beach. Instead I was thinking perhaps San Sebastian or Mallorca. I've read a bit on both and crused some of the postings, but had additional questions.
1) Does Mallorca attract a similar crowde as Ibiza? My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we enjoy going out and would like some sort of upscale scene, however, Ibiza is not our thing, even though it looks beautiful.
2) Is there a specific area of Mallorca that would be better - Northeast perhaps? I read some posts about violent muggings by Palma in the south...
3) Weather in San Sebastian - I read the average temp in Aug is low 70s F - is this accurate? Isn't that a little chilly for beach weather?
One last thing - I have a severe shellfish allergy (cannot be cooked on same grill even) - I know shellfish is a staple in both places - was wondering if I may have an easier time in one place over the other...
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 2 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 3 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 4 dinner jackets
- 5 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 18 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 22 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 23 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 24 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??