My husband and I are travelling to Spain mid-August for 12-13 nights. We are flying into Barcelona and out of Madrid. I have 4 nights that I still have open, and since we are exploring 2 cities, I wanted to break it up a bit with beach or/and mountains.
Originally I wanted to head south to Granada and Seville, but I understand it will be too hot in Auguest, especially since neither are on the beach. Instead I was thinking perhaps San Sebastian or Mallorca. I've read a bit on both and crused some of the postings, but had additional questions.
1) Does Mallorca attract a similar crowde as Ibiza? My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we enjoy going out and would like some sort of upscale scene, however, Ibiza is not our thing, even though it looks beautiful.
2) Is there a specific area of Mallorca that would be better - Northeast perhaps? I read some posts about violent muggings by Palma in the south...
3) Weather in San Sebastian - I read the average temp in Aug is low 70s F - is this accurate? Isn't that a little chilly for beach weather?
One last thing - I have a severe shellfish allergy (cannot be cooked on same grill even) - I know shellfish is a staple in both places - was wondering if I may have an easier time in one place over the other...
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport