I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 2 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 3 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 10 Question on France travel
- 11 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 12 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 13 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 14 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 15 Sweden For Christmas Ideas
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 19 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 24 Five nights in Extremadura
- 25 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.