I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 2 Air France strike
- 3 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 6 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 7 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 8 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 9 London: Queen's Palace Guard Strikes Own Beat...
- 10 Airbnb scam
- 11 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Europe in winter
- 14 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 15 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 16 Best Hotel Deals in London
- 17 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 18 Best restaurants, gelato and tiramisu in Rome?
- 19 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 20 Bodrum to instanbul
- 21 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 22 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 23 Riquewihr or Ribeauville
- 24 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 25 Two Days in Prague