I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 13 Europe in 21 days
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Spain Questions
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 Avignon to London?
- 23 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 24 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist