I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway in June with parents.
- 2 Seaplane service
- 3 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 Liverpool to London
- 6 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 7 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 8 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 11 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 12 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 13 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 14 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 15 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 16 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 17 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 18 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 19 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 20 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 21 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 22 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 23 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 24 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 25 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?