I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 at what point should one get health insurance
- 2 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 5 Lucerne Switzerland
- 6 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 7 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 8 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 9 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 10 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?
- 11 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Tipping in the UK
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 16 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 17 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 18 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 19 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 20 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 21 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 22 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 23 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 24 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 25 Ventimiglia to Trieste