I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
- 1 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 2 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 3 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 4 Places to visit from London
- 5 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 6 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 7 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 8 Do and don't, eating in France
- 9 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 10 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 13 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 14 Paris museums free admission
- 15 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 16 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 17 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 18 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 19 Spain with kids
- 20 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 21 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 22 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 23 Meeting up at CDG
- 24 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 25 July reservations for County Kerry?