I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 2 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 3 Back from a great trip !!
- 4 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 5 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 6 Train/Subway Questions
- 7 Paris Christmas Lights...Crowds?
- 8 URGENT HELP NEEDED: French Rivieria one day
- 9 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 10 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 11 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 12 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 13 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 14 2 weeks in France next May
- 15 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 16 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 17 Eid al-Adha holiday in Turkey
- 18 Barcelona Apartment
- 19 Walking the Beara Peninsula
- 20 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 21 Initial Trip Planning - Spain
- 22 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 23 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 24 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 25 12 days in Italy