I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona
- 2 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 3 A plethora of islands
- 4 Referendum in Greece
- 5 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 6 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 7 10 days in spain
- 8 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 9 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.
- 10 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 11 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 12 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 13 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 14 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 17 Switzeraland Iternary
- 18 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 19 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 20 Texans Take a Tour
- 21 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 22 Train Travel in Germany
- 23 One night in Amsterdam?
- 24 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 25 Barcelona Itinerary