I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 5 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 6 Paris, France
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 11 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 12 3 week stay in Scotland
- 13 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Rue des Rosiers
- 17 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 18 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 19 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 20 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 21 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 22 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 23 Italy museum tickets
- 24 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 25 A couple of questions which are not quite answered