I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 Old European currency
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 Amsterdam hotels
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time