I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 4 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 5 1 more city to visit in Spain
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 stockholm archipelago cruise ideas
- 8 Single 30's looking for tour | Europe
- 9 Car rental in Oxford, UK
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 12 Day trips from Cologne
- 13 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 14 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 15 Barcelona with Teens
- 16 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 17 Trip Report Western Crete, Paros and Naxos 2015
- 18 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 19 Romantic hotel in venice
- 20 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 21 10 days in Spain
- 22 Driving to Cesky Krumlov
- 23 May or September?
- 24 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 25 Florence Airport Car Rental Return - Recent Experiences?