I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 25 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG