I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car and Driver to Tour the Baltics?
- 2 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 3 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 4 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 5 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 6 Paris GTG - October 21
- 7 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 8 Holding bags in Paris
- 9 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 10 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 11 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 12 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 13 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 14 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 15 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 16 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 17 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 18 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 19 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 20 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 21 Rome
- 22 Cornwall and Germany
- 23 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Gtg during Christmastime?