I'm joining my cousin on her first visit to Italy. Due to her schedule, she can only make it in January or February of next year. I've visited most of Italy, and she is really interested in visiting Venice and Rome. Having visted both places many times, I've agreed to go along as long as we have 2 days or so to visit someplace new for me. I'm thinking of San Marino.
My main concern is the time of year. I could see starting out from Bologna on the train in the morning, and continuing on the bus from Rimini. We could spend most of the day in San Marino or even spend 1 night there. From my research, I hear that a half-day or so is good for San Marino.
Is the weather that time of year a factor in this decision? (I don't mind the cold. Is fog or rain a huge issue?)
I welcome your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
San Marino in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Vienna
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 5 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 6 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 7 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 12 Nice or Marseille??
- 13 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 14 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 18 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 19 France, Italy and Greec
- 20 gites de france or agritourism
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 24 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 25 Trains in Italy