My husband's set on attending this June's Festival Django Reinhardt in Samois-sur-Seine, and I might tag along. According to ratp.fr it's ~ 1.5 hr by public transport from the Marais, and he's thinking he'd commute during those five days. Making his way unaided around even Paris city limits has thrown him in the past, so I am thinking we might be better off in Fontainebleau during the festival, or better still a small town nearby. Plus I love being out in the French countryside.
Does anyone have suggestions for a town or large village around there, with public transportation and at least one bakery and one café? I'd look for a gite or apartment. Preferably < 30 min or so. We could rent a car for those few days, too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Germany train help!
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 10 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 11 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 12 Meteora for older folk
- 13 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 14 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 15 Train help for Prague
- 16 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 17 Athens
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Budapest & Prague
- 25 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
Samois-sur-Seine and Fontainebleau area, small town options nearby?