My husband's set on attending this June's Festival Django Reinhardt in Samois-sur-Seine, and I might tag along. According to ratp.fr it's ~ 1.5 hr by public transport from the Marais, and he's thinking he'd commute during those five days. Making his way unaided around even Paris city limits has thrown him in the past, so I am thinking we might be better off in Fontainebleau during the festival, or better still a small town nearby. Plus I love being out in the French countryside.
Does anyone have suggestions for a town or large village around there, with public transportation and at least one bakery and one café? I'd look for a gite or apartment. Preferably < 30 min or so. We could rent a car for those few days, too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 5 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Can parking
- 19 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 20 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 21 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 22 Douro Valley in January?
- 23 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 24 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 25 Munich and....???
Samois-sur-Seine and Fontainebleau area, small town options nearby?