My husband's set on attending this June's Festival Django Reinhardt in Samois-sur-Seine, and I might tag along. According to ratp.fr it's ~ 1.5 hr by public transport from the Marais, and he's thinking he'd commute during those five days. Making his way unaided around even Paris city limits has thrown him in the past, so I am thinking we might be better off in Fontainebleau during the festival, or better still a small town nearby. Plus I love being out in the French countryside.
Does anyone have suggestions for a town or large village around there, with public transportation and at least one bakery and one café? I'd look for a gite or apartment. Preferably < 30 min or so. We could rent a car for those few days, too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 2 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 3 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 4 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 5 Iceland
- 6 Spain - day driver advice
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 London with Teens Trip Report
- 9 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 13 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 14 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 17 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 18 Lake Como AREA questions
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 24 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 25 Cortona -- just a passing thought
Samois-sur-Seine and Fontainebleau area, small town options nearby?