I will be in Salzburg for one day in March, before travelling on to Munich. I am seeking advice as to whether it is worth visiting Berchdesgaden during this time (basically - is Berchdesgaden that special?!!). I was orginally intending to see the Eagle's Nest, but this will be closed. I would like to see a typical Bavarian/Alpine village, so would just be going for the scenery and a quick look round. I am aware of the bus and travel links and times but am wondering if I just just spend the whole day in Salzburg instead? (I am also going to Innsbruck briefly beforehand).
I would really appreciate any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 2 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 3 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 4 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 5 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 6 Le Marche, Italy
- 7 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 8 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 9 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 10 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 11 Ballet Bolshoi
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 14 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 15 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 16 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 17 Trains France/Switzerland
- 18 fear of driving in rome!
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 21 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 22 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 23 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 24 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids