I will be in Salzburg for one day in March, before travelling on to Munich. I am seeking advice as to whether it is worth visiting Berchdesgaden during this time (basically - is Berchdesgaden that special?!!). I was orginally intending to see the Eagle's Nest, but this will be closed. I would like to see a typical Bavarian/Alpine village, so would just be going for the scenery and a quick look round. I am aware of the bus and travel links and times but am wondering if I just just spend the whole day in Salzburg instead? (I am also going to Innsbruck briefly beforehand).
I would really appreciate any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Itinerary Help
- 2 Barcelona completely overrated
- 3 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 4 Girona and Besalau
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 7 Europe Destination with kids?
- 8 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 9 Cork or Galway?
- 10 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 11 Villa near Florence Italy
- 12 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 13 MiFi in Italy
- 14 Villa near Florence Italy
- 15 French lavender and cottages
- 16 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 17 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 18 England and Wales by public transport
- 19 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 20 Guides - Matera
- 21 One quick week -- where in France?
- 22 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 23 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 24 Austria In Nov first week
- 25 First visit to France/Dordogne