I will be in Salzburg for one day in March, before travelling on to Munich. I am seeking advice as to whether it is worth visiting Berchdesgaden during this time (basically - is Berchdesgaden that special?!!). I was orginally intending to see the Eagle's Nest, but this will be closed. I would like to see a typical Bavarian/Alpine village, so would just be going for the scenery and a quick look round. I am aware of the bus and travel links and times but am wondering if I just just spend the whole day in Salzburg instead? (I am also going to Innsbruck briefly beforehand).
I would really appreciate any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 8 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 17 good restaurants in Budapest
- 18 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 19 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 20 Wales
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!