We will be landing in Vienna and driving to Salzburg the very day. We have heard that Halsatt & the Salzkammergut region are very beautiful and can be done as day trips from Salzburg; including the Grossglockner High Alpine Road drive. Is it advisable to stay a night in Halsatt or make Salzburg as the base for all the day trips? We will have 3-4 days for this trip post which we need to return to Vienna. We are travelling in July end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 7 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 8 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 9 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 10 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 13 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 14 Swiss Travel Pass
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 23 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 24 Amsterdam in January
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??