We will be landing in Vienna and driving to Salzburg the very day. We have heard that Halsatt & the Salzkammergut region are very beautiful and can be done as day trips from Salzburg; including the Grossglockner High Alpine Road drive. Is it advisable to stay a night in Halsatt or make Salzburg as the base for all the day trips? We will have 3-4 days for this trip post which we need to return to Vienna. We are travelling in July end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 2 Rome Airport Question!
- 3 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 4 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 5 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 6 I forgot my international driver permit
- 7 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 8 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 9 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 10 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 11 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 12 Prague old town
- 13 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 14 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 15 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 16 Ordering in a Deli
- 17 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 18 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 19 20 free days of Europe
- 20 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 21 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 22 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 23 International Friends Tour
- 24 Naples or Genoa
- 25 Walking Scotland