Hi, travelling to Austria for the first time with my family in July 2014. We will be based in Salzburg for part of our trip and want to visit a salt mine. From my research, there are 2 close by but I don't know if we should visit both or if we decide to visit only one which one should we choose. Should we go to Salzwelten Salzburg in Hallein or Salzbergwerk in Hallstatt? We will have a car so transport is not an issue. Anyone been to either? Thanks
Salt Mines of Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 3 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 4 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 5 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 8 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 9 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 10 Pronunciation
- 11 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 14 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 15 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 18 best time to book accommodation
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 21 London visit
- 22 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 25 No points in Paris .....