Hi, travelling to Austria for the first time with my family in July 2014. We will be based in Salzburg for part of our trip and want to visit a salt mine. From my research, there are 2 close by but I don't know if we should visit both or if we decide to visit only one which one should we choose. Should we go to Salzwelten Salzburg in Hallein or Salzbergwerk in Hallstatt? We will have a car so transport is not an issue. Anyone been to either? Thanks
Salt Mines of Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 See You In Minsk
- 2 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 Florence Hotel Advice
- 6 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 7 Italy tours
- 8 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 9 Air France strike
- 10 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 11 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 15 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 16 Best day trips from Paris
- 17 Scottish Passport
- 18 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 19 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 20 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 21 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 22 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 23 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 24 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 25 Viator.com in Turkey