Hi, travelling to Austria for the first time with my family in July 2014. We will be based in Salzburg for part of our trip and want to visit a salt mine. From my research, there are 2 close by but I don't know if we should visit both or if we decide to visit only one which one should we choose. Should we go to Salzwelten Salzburg in Hallein or Salzbergwerk in Hallstatt? We will have a car so transport is not an issue. Anyone been to either? Thanks
Salt Mines of Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 2 American electrical gadgets
- 3 Spain tips beyond safety
- 4 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 5 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 6 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 7 Eating in France-two new books
- 8 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 9 seven days in Portugal
- 10 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 11 I need a haircut
- 12 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 13 What to wear
- 14 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 15 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 16 London neighborhood suggestions
- 17 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 18 1 week in Croatia
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 21 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 24 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 25 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?