Hi, travelling to Austria for the first time with my family in July 2014. We will be based in Salzburg for part of our trip and want to visit a salt mine. From my research, there are 2 close by but I don't know if we should visit both or if we decide to visit only one which one should we choose. Should we go to Salzwelten Salzburg in Hallein or Salzbergwerk in Hallstatt? We will have a car so transport is not an issue. Anyone been to either? Thanks
Salt Mines of Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 2 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 5 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 6 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 7 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 8 trip to norway
- 9 Is Venice really dirty?
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 16 Best beach town in Italy?
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 A Greek sojourn
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 21 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks