We will be dropping off our rental car in the city of Salerno for a 10:30 AM train to Rome. We decided to travel from Matera the night before to eliminate traveling for 3 hours in the morning and panicking about getting there on time. We have thought about either going to Paestum for the afternoon and night to see the ruins or going ahead to Salerno to be close to the train and rental car drop off. If you had one night to spend within close driving distance to Salerno, where would you stay? We would like to stay somewhere with atmosphere and have a nice dinner close by. (as background, we will have spent 4 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Furore earlier on our trip) Thanks for any advice!
Salerno or Paestum?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 2 Golfing in Ireland
- 3 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 4 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 5 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 6 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 7 What still confounds you about travel?
- 8 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 12 Santorini
- 13 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 14 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 15 Foie gras, redux
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 20 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 21 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 22 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 25 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?