We will be dropping off our rental car in the city of Salerno for a 10:30 AM train to Rome. We decided to travel from Matera the night before to eliminate traveling for 3 hours in the morning and panicking about getting there on time. We have thought about either going to Paestum for the afternoon and night to see the ruins or going ahead to Salerno to be close to the train and rental car drop off. If you had one night to spend within close driving distance to Salerno, where would you stay? We would like to stay somewhere with atmosphere and have a nice dinner close by. (as background, we will have spent 4 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Furore earlier on our trip) Thanks for any advice!
Salerno or Paestum?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 3 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 4 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 5 Great restaurants in Italy
- 6 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 7 Greece after the Vote
- 8 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 rail pass
- 10 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 11 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 12 Age for booking a hotel?
- 13 Germany for 3 weeks
- 14 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 15 The Vatican Latest
- 16 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 17 April in Madrid
- 18 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 19 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 20 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 21 Renting an apt.
- 22 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 23 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 24 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 25 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece