We will be dropping off our rental car in the city of Salerno for a 10:30 AM train to Rome. We decided to travel from Matera the night before to eliminate traveling for 3 hours in the morning and panicking about getting there on time. We have thought about either going to Paestum for the afternoon and night to see the ruins or going ahead to Salerno to be close to the train and rental car drop off. If you had one night to spend within close driving distance to Salerno, where would you stay? We would like to stay somewhere with atmosphere and have a nice dinner close by. (as background, we will have spent 4 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Furore earlier on our trip) Thanks for any advice!
Salerno or Paestum?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Travel by train or bus
- 3 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 17 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 18 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 19 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 20 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 21 Driving where to stop question June 2014
- 22 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia