We will be dropping off our rental car in the city of Salerno for a 10:30 AM train to Rome. We decided to travel from Matera the night before to eliminate traveling for 3 hours in the morning and panicking about getting there on time. We have thought about either going to Paestum for the afternoon and night to see the ruins or going ahead to Salerno to be close to the train and rental car drop off. If you had one night to spend within close driving distance to Salerno, where would you stay? We would like to stay somewhere with atmosphere and have a nice dinner close by. (as background, we will have spent 4 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Furore earlier on our trip) Thanks for any advice!
Salerno or Paestum?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 2 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 6 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Day trip on the Rhine
- 16 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 17 Germany-berlin marathon
- 18 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 19 museum passes in Rome
- 20 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 23 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 24 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 25 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters