I have been searching around the site to see if this question has been asked before. I did stumble upon it in a different form and it seems like the general idea is that Sorrento is a better base than Salerno for touring the Amalfi coast. Problem is, I've already booked my lodging in Salerno (before I really researched everything).
So I'm wondering... did I make an awful decision? Will it be possible to take day trips from Salerno to other parts of the Amalfi Coast? I know I definitely want to visit Capri and Sorrento but I'm not sure where else.
I'm up for any suggestions and am obviously still looking forward to my time in the area!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days in London
- 2 What do after Bernia Express?
- 3 Santorini lodging
- 4 Germany family road trip help!
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 13 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 14 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 15 Lyon
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Italian lakes
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 21 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 22 France, UK and Ireland
- 23 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 24 French theater in Paris
- 25 Best way to learn a foreign language?