.We are 4 families with kids ranging from 5-15 years looking to spend 1 week in Italy
.We'll be going in first week June, 2012.
.We were planning 3 days in Rome since all of us want to visit one Italian city.
Need advice for the remaining 4 days:
. We need a base that is kid friendly
.We don't like very isolated places and prefer to be in a lively place where there are lots of restaurants, cafes and interesting shops.
.We are looking at high end accommodation
.Kids activities would be an added bonus
Here's my reasoning:
.Tuscany will give kids ample room to be free but may be too slow paced.
.Amalfi Coast is beautiful but may not be kid friendly
.Salento - the main attraction are the beaches but not sure if the water will be warm enough in early June.
Would really appreciate some advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 6 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Porto and vicinity
- 10 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 11 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 12 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 13 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 14 Norway fjord
- 15 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Italy
- 18 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 19 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 23 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 Praiana to Positano
- 25 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
Salento, Amalfi or Tuscany with kids and a huge group of friends?