We just got back from another glorious sailing trip in Greece. We spent 2 weeks sailing through the Ionians. We had beautiful weather for the most part but had 3 days of crazy storms overnight. We were forced to stay in port 1 day but sailed in the rain another day. All great experiences.
We were on a 35' sail boat with 4 other friends and a skipper. We flew via Prevesa and sailed from Nydri on Lefkas. Our days were spent enjoying breakfast in port, sailing for several hours then anchoring in a pretty cove for swimming and lunch. Then sailing in the afternoon and docking at a new port late afternoon. Dinner was in a local taverna. Bliss.
We sailed with this company http://www.activityholidaysgreece.com for the 2nd year in a row.
You can see my pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/pug_girl/albums/72157673639243226
If anyone has any questions about sailing just let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?