We just got back from another glorious sailing trip in Greece. We spent 2 weeks sailing through the Ionians. We had beautiful weather for the most part but had 3 days of crazy storms overnight. We were forced to stay in port 1 day but sailed in the rain another day. All great experiences.
We were on a 35' sail boat with 4 other friends and a skipper. We flew via Prevesa and sailed from Nydri on Lefkas. Our days were spent enjoying breakfast in port, sailing for several hours then anchoring in a pretty cove for swimming and lunch. Then sailing in the afternoon and docking at a new port late afternoon. Dinner was in a local taverna. Bliss.
We sailed with this company http://www.activityholidaysgreece.com for the 2nd year in a row.
You can see my pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/pug_girl/albums/72157673639243226
If anyone has any questions about sailing just let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 celticmoon, a quick question
- 24 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 25 B&B in Ireland