We just got back from another glorious sailing trip in Greece. We spent 2 weeks sailing through the Ionians. We had beautiful weather for the most part but had 3 days of crazy storms overnight. We were forced to stay in port 1 day but sailed in the rain another day. All great experiences.
We were on a 35' sail boat with 4 other friends and a skipper. We flew via Prevesa and sailed from Nydri on Lefkas. Our days were spent enjoying breakfast in port, sailing for several hours then anchoring in a pretty cove for swimming and lunch. Then sailing in the afternoon and docking at a new port late afternoon. Dinner was in a local taverna. Bliss.
We sailed with this company http://www.activityholidaysgreece.com for the 2nd year in a row.
You can see my pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/pug_girl/albums/72157673639243226
If anyone has any questions about sailing just let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vigo Spain????
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 Train travel to and from Paris
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 SURPRISE TRIP
- 21 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more