My husband and I are well seasoned travelers and have booked a trip to Istanbul, Turkey in March. Airfare was purchased as well as hotel.
In light of recent safety concerns internationally, I have come up with some questions maybe some of the other experienced Fodorites can suggest.
We are doing this independently as we do all our trips.
Should we try to arrange a private tour escort for safety concerns?
Is this affordable?
I very much like the freedom of not being in a tour but do appreciate the "safety in numbers" concept.
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Please keep in mind the hotel is booked and paid for so the entire time will be in Istanbul.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 Iceland in 7 days.
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please