My husband and I are well seasoned travelers and have booked a trip to Istanbul, Turkey in March. Airfare was purchased as well as hotel.
In light of recent safety concerns internationally, I have come up with some questions maybe some of the other experienced Fodorites can suggest.
We are doing this independently as we do all our trips.
Should we try to arrange a private tour escort for safety concerns?
Is this affordable?
I very much like the freedom of not being in a tour but do appreciate the "safety in numbers" concept.
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Please keep in mind the hotel is booked and paid for so the entire time will be in Istanbul.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 7 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 9 Help with tips in UK
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 14 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 15 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 16 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 20 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Getting around London
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 The DCC scam is spreading