My husband and I are well seasoned travelers and have booked a trip to Istanbul, Turkey in March. Airfare was purchased as well as hotel.
In light of recent safety concerns internationally, I have come up with some questions maybe some of the other experienced Fodorites can suggest.
We are doing this independently as we do all our trips.
Should we try to arrange a private tour escort for safety concerns?
Is this affordable?
I very much like the freedom of not being in a tour but do appreciate the "safety in numbers" concept.
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Please keep in mind the hotel is booked and paid for so the entire time will be in Istanbul.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 May get together in Paris
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Day trips from Florence
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 12 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies