My husband and I are well seasoned travelers and have booked a trip to Istanbul, Turkey in March. Airfare was purchased as well as hotel.
In light of recent safety concerns internationally, I have come up with some questions maybe some of the other experienced Fodorites can suggest.
We are doing this independently as we do all our trips.
Should we try to arrange a private tour escort for safety concerns?
Is this affordable?
I very much like the freedom of not being in a tour but do appreciate the "safety in numbers" concept.
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Please keep in mind the hotel is booked and paid for so the entire time will be in Istanbul.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 2 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 House Hunting in France
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 So much to do, so little time!
- 13 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 14 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 18 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov