My husband and I are well seasoned travelers and have booked a trip to Istanbul, Turkey in March. Airfare was purchased as well as hotel.
In light of recent safety concerns internationally, I have come up with some questions maybe some of the other experienced Fodorites can suggest.
We are doing this independently as we do all our trips.
Should we try to arrange a private tour escort for safety concerns?
Is this affordable?
I very much like the freedom of not being in a tour but do appreciate the "safety in numbers" concept.
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Please keep in mind the hotel is booked and paid for so the entire time will be in Istanbul.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 6 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 7 Swiss Pass
- 8 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 9 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 10 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 11 Trip to Ireland in September
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 16 Final Four
- 17 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 23 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 24 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London