So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perugia
- 2 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 3 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Help please
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 21 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 22 Rome to venice
- 23 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps