So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Apartment Montreux area
- 6 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 10 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 An evening in London
- 13 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary