So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Iceland trip report!
- 3 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 4 Seville to Cordoba
- 5 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 6 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 3 nights in Madrid
- 12 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 13 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 14 ATM
- 15 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 18 London 6 day itinerary
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Portugal rental car
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Bernese Oberland
- 25 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon