So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Things to do in Montpellier
- 3 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 4 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 3 week trip with children
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 14 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 15 Italy in 11 Days
- 16 dinner jackets
- 17 French election
- 18 Leather goods in Florence
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train