So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Christmas in Spain
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Train travel to and from Paris
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Zadar or Sibenik
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!