So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 Paris Metro
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 20 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden