I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...