I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 Trek through Eur
- 13 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Roma Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?