I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna