I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementch3mistry.com/skin-novela/
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 8 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 11 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?