I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 4 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 5 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 6 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 7 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 10 Praiano
- 11 Rouen Tour Companies
- 12 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 17 Ronda Wine/biking
- 18 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Areas in Milan
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece