I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Harrogate
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 4 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 5 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 6 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 13 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 14 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 15 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 16 Norway -Trips
- 17 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 18 English Countryside
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 22 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 23 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?