I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more