Hi, all -
My husband and I are experienced independent travelers, but this will be our first trip to Ireland. We'll have 16 days on the ground, arriving in Dublin on Oct 19 and departing from Shannon on Nov 4.
We love good food at all levels and often plan vacations around where we will eat! Also interested in history, art/architecture, and beautiful scenery, all of which seem in abundance throughout Ireland. Tend to skip the really touristy stuff and associated crowds. We generally like to spend at least 2-3 nights in each spot, and prefer to be somewhere where we can walk to/from dinner most nights.
We have a rough itinerary mapped out, but welcome suggestions of whether to add/subtract nights from a location, or substitute a different one. Currently, we are thinking of the following:
Dublin - 3 nights
Kilkenny - 3 nights
Shanagarry - 1 night (stay at Kilmahon House and dine at Ballymaloe as a belated anniversary celebration)
Kinsale (?) or Cork (?), or just skip to Galway or environs - 3 nights (28 Oct bank holiday and Cork Jazz Festival 25-28 Oct are both potential factors)
Kenmare - 3 nights
Ennis - 3 nights
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in May and June
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 4 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 5 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 8 Bath/Cotswolds
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 15 Globus Iberian Tour
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 20 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 21 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Hi, all -