Hi, all -
My husband and I are experienced independent travelers, but this will be our first trip to Ireland. We'll have 16 days on the ground, arriving in Dublin on Oct 19 and departing from Shannon on Nov 4.
We love good food at all levels and often plan vacations around where we will eat! Also interested in history, art/architecture, and beautiful scenery, all of which seem in abundance throughout Ireland. Tend to skip the really touristy stuff and associated crowds. We generally like to spend at least 2-3 nights in each spot, and prefer to be somewhere where we can walk to/from dinner most nights.
We have a rough itinerary mapped out, but welcome suggestions of whether to add/subtract nights from a location, or substitute a different one. Currently, we are thinking of the following:
Dublin - 3 nights
Kilkenny - 3 nights
Shanagarry - 1 night (stay at Kilmahon House and dine at Ballymaloe as a belated anniversary celebration)
Kinsale (?) or Cork (?), or just skip to Galway or environs - 3 nights (28 Oct bank holiday and Cork Jazz Festival 25-28 Oct are both potential factors)
Kenmare - 3 nights
Ennis - 3 nights
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송바카라＼안전한놀이터
- 2 헬로우바카라■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■인터넷바카라주소ュ인터넷바카라주소
- 3 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노˙안전한놀이터
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 K-Day
- 9 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 12 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
Hi, all -