Hi, all -
My husband and I are experienced independent travelers, but this will be our first trip to Ireland. We'll have 16 days on the ground, arriving in Dublin on Oct 19 and departing from Shannon on Nov 4.
We love good food at all levels and often plan vacations around where we will eat! Also interested in history, art/architecture, and beautiful scenery, all of which seem in abundance throughout Ireland. Tend to skip the really touristy stuff and associated crowds. We generally like to spend at least 2-3 nights in each spot, and prefer to be somewhere where we can walk to/from dinner most nights.
We have a rough itinerary mapped out, but welcome suggestions of whether to add/subtract nights from a location, or substitute a different one. Currently, we are thinking of the following:
Dublin - 3 nights
Kilkenny - 3 nights
Shanagarry - 1 night (stay at Kilmahon House and dine at Ballymaloe as a belated anniversary celebration)
Kinsale (?) or Cork (?), or just skip to Galway or environs - 3 nights (28 Oct bank holiday and Cork Jazz Festival 25-28 Oct are both potential factors)
Kenmare - 3 nights
Ennis - 3 nights
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 3 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 4 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 5 I may be wrong....
- 6 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 7 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 8 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 9 Cornwall UK
- 10 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 11 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 12 Hydra, Greece
- 13 travel around Spain
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 18 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 19 Charming areas to explore in London
- 20 8 Hours in Rome
- 21 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 22 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 23 Cash machines ATM
- 24 Train up the Jungfrau
- 25 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
Hi, all -