I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 2 Day Trip near Paris
- 3 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 4 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 5 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 6 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 7 Day trip suggestion from London
- 8 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 9 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 10 Lake Maggiore
- 11 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 12 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 13 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 14 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 15 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 16 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 17 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 18 Milan tours
- 19 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 20 Flight Cost to Athens
- 21 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 22 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 23 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 24 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 25 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private