I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사다리 사이트 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Sicily Beach Resort
- 4 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 7 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 8 Two days in Rome
- 9 Classical Tour of Albania
- 10 First visit to London
- 11 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 12 Anniversary trip to France
- 13 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 14 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 15 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 16 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 22 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 23 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 24 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 25 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich