I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Rye: Most Beautiful Town in England
- 1 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 2 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 3 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 4 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 5 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 6 Help for first timers
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 8 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 9 Affordable London Hotel
- 10 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 11 Parisian Pickpockets
- 12 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 13 Paris Ticket t+
- 14 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 15 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 16 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 17 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 18 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 19 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 20 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 21 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 22 Benita In Paris
- 23 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 24 Driving through Europe
- 25 Romania Tour Guide