I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Rye: Most Beautiful Town in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 Five nights in Extremadura
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 8 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 13 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 19 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 20 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Food tours in Rome?
- 24 Rome Food Tour
- 25 Pastry Classes in Paris