I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Rye: Most Beautiful Town in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 5 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 He said , she said
- 9 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 10 Munich with a car?
- 11 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 23 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 24 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 25 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014