I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 13 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 18 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy