I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Rye: Most Beautiful Town in England
- 1 Tennyson Home
- 2 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 3 I Need To Vent!
- 4 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 5 Backpacking through Europe
- 6 Which tour company would be best?
- 7 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 10 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 11 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 12 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 13 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 14 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 15 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 16 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 17 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 18 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 19 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 20 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 21 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 22 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 23 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 24 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 25 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy