I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 3 Milan or Turin
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 7 God Save the Queen?
- 8 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 9 Frankfurt to UK
- 10 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 17 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 18 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP