I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 4 Windsor Castle
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 9 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 10 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 11 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 15 4 nights in Sardinia
- 16 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 17 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Matera tour guide wanted
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 23 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest