I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 2 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Cutback on Spain trip
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 16 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 17 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 18 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 21 driving from ancona to rome
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?