I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Rye: Most Beautiful Town in England
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 4 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 7 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 8 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 first european holiday itinery
- 22 7 days in Andalucia
- 23 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?