I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Ryanair or Air Berlin in this situation?
- 1 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 2 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 8 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 9 Greek islands from Turkey
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Italian Lakes gardens
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 Dresden Train Station
- 19 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 20 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 21 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 22 Novels set in Greece
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 25 London's Proposed New Airport...