I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 2 London Hotel - Different Request
- 3 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 4 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 11 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 12 Trip to Switzerland
- 13 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Rome hotel
- 17 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?