I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Ryanair or Air Berlin in this situation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Swiss rail passes
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 8 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 9 Augsburg with kids
- 10 train to Vernon France
- 11 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 12 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 15 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 20 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 21 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish