I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Ryanair or Air Berlin in this situation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 2 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 6 Ireland or Scotland
- 7 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 8 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 9 Question on France travel
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 12 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 13 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 14 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 15 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Italy and Croatia
- 21 St Germain
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well