I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 2 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 3 Holiday in Austria
- 4 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 8 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 9 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 10 What one thing in Paris?
- 11 Paris Under Seige...
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 13 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 14 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 15 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 16 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 17 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 21 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 24 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 25 Help with Itineray Central Europe