I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - rental car damages query
- 2 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 3 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 4 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 5 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 CDG much improved
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 10 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 13 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 14 20 Days in Europe
- 15 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 16 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 17 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 18 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?