I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Airport Question!
- 2 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 3 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 I forgot my international driver permit
- 6 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 7 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 8 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 9 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 10 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 11 Prague old town
- 12 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 13 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 14 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 15 Ordering in a Deli
- 16 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 20 free days of Europe
- 19 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 20 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 21 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 22 International Friends Tour
- 23 Naples or Genoa
- 24 Walking Scotland
- 25 Help with itinerary