I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Ryanair or Air Berlin in this situation?
- 1 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 2 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 3 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 4 rand versus euro
- 5 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 6 Rhine River Intinerary
- 7 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 8 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 9 Help me with Dali and Costa Brava itinerary from Barcelona
- 10 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 11 Paris metro
- 12 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 13 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 14 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 15 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 16 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Beauty Products in France?!
- 21 Soloing Russian Winter - The Travel Tips
- 22 Four Days in Seville
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 25 Help with itenerary