I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week driving in Bavaria
- 2 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 5 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 6 Camino Redux
- 7 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 8 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 9 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 10 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 11 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 12 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 13 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 17 Trans-Siberia Train
- 18 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 19 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 20 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 21 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 22 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 23 PLITVICE LAKES
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 help in planning itinerary to UK