I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Ryanair or Air Berlin in this situation?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 2 I need a haircut
- 3 We Need a Pact
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 7 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 8 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 9 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 11 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 12 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 13 All you need in croatia
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 16 Tipping in Greece
- 17 Bayern seasonal pass
- 18 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 19 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 20 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 21 Italy vacation rental help
- 22 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 Monet in Normandy
- 25 Mosquitos in Amsterdam