I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 2 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 3 Day trips from Uzes
- 4 15 days trip to Europe
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 7 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 8 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 9 Vuerling airlines
- 10 Chinese visit to France
- 11 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 12 France for a month in 2017
- 13 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 Barcelona extension
- 16 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 17 Europe itinerary review
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 20 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 21 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 22 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 23 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 24 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 25 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo