My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 London at Easter
- 4 7 days in Andalucia
- 5 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 6 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 7 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 10 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 11 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 12 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 16 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 17 Planning a holiday
- 18 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 Traveling within Italy
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 23 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla