My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 2 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 3 3 Night Stopover mid September - What to see/do?
- 4 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 5 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 6 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 7 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 8 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 9 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 10 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 11 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 12 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 13 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 14 First trip to London and Paris, need your comments
- 15 Scotland Highlands
- 16 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 17 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 18 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 19 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 20 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 21 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 22 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 23 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 24 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 25 Feedback on Spain Trip
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)