My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 2 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Where to go in March??
- 5 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 6 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 7 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 8 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 9 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 10 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 13 please revew provence agenda
- 14 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 15 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 16 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 17 Age limitation for car rental
- 18 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 19 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 20 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 23 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 24 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 25 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)