My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 Can parking
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 13 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 20 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)