My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 2 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 3 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 6 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 7 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Croatia transportation question.
- 10 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 13 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 19 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 20 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 21 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Cutback on Spain trip
- 24 where to stay in London?
- 25 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)