My husband and I have a week to spend in Moscow and St. Petersburg this summer (late August). We are in our low 30s and live in New York City. We aren't HUGE museum people but definitely want to see major pieces/exhibits. Generally our priorities are to see the major cultural elements for each city, learn about the people, try some local fare and get a sense of day to day life there (day and night).
Can anyone suggest a good way to split our time between the two cities (how many days in each) and what we should not miss?
We're also open to guide/tour recommendations (though I know there are other threads with suggestions as well).
We are really, really excited. Many thanks!
Russia Itinerary: Moscow and St. Petersburg (how to split it?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Jamikins
- 2 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 3 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 4 A drive in Europe
- 5 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 8 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 11 Europe in 21 days
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 14 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 UK for 12 days !
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 21 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 London hotel
- 24 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 25 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace