I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Quality fake passports, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 3 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 4 Shopping in Paris
- 5 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 6 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 7 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 8 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 9 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 10 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 11 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 12 December in Deutschland
- 13 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 14 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 15 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 16 cash or plastic in Greece
- 17 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 18 Rome and Venice in December
- 19 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 20 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 21 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 22 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 23 planning confusion
- 24 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 25 Feedback on Spain Trip
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...