I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Medieval Tallinn
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Travel by train or bus
- 5 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 6 Portugal in September
- 7 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 8 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 21 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 22 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 23 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 24 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013