I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Loire or Provence in January?
- 6 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 7 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...