I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Distances in Paris
- 2 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 3 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 4 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 5 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 6 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 7 My poppy arrived today!
- 8 Rental car in Italy
- 9 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 10 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 11 Dordogne Trip Report
- 12 Europe Quiz # 106: Countries with Most Vegetarian Restaurants...
- 13 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 14 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 15 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 16 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 17 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 18 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 19 Switzerland 5 days
- 20 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 21 Stockholm hotels
- 22 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 23 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 24 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 25 Best of Stockholm in 3 Days
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...