I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 2 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Cinqueterre
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Central and Northern Italy
- 10 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 11 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 14 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 16 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 17 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 18 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 19 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 Charming areas to explore in London
- 22 Trip to Ireland in September
- 23 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 24 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 25 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...