I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 3 What to wear
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 8 Buying Masks in Venice
- 9 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 10 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 11 Mask Making in Venice
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 14 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 15 Fashion for larger man?
- 16 Eating in France-two new books
- 17 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 25 Madrid and London