I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris