I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 First time in London
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Greek fuel cost
- 7 VRBO South Kensington
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 10 Vacation
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 17 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 18 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 19 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time