I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Cognac transportation?
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Tour of Northern Italy
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 17 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 Barcelona cooking classes
- 22 1st time in ZURICH
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included