I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 2 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Alhambra
- 8 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 9 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 10 Windsor Castle
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Spain: train/rental car help
- 18 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 19 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 20 Private Guide in Lyon
- 21 Salzburg itinerary review
- 22 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 23 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 24 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 25 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?