I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?