I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 2 Now to Madrid
- 3 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 4 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 5 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 6 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 7 Sicily: which coast?
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 3 days solo in London
- 16 Chania
- 17 Edinbrugh
- 18 Berlin to ?
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 22 Studying art in English in venice
- 23 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 24 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 25 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed