We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Rovaniemi and area - Lapland
- 1 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 When to visit Provence updated info
- 9 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 12 Itinerary Questions
- 13 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Italian language schools
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Thermal Bathing in Sciacca, Sicily
- 18 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 19 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 20 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 21 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 22 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 23 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 24 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 25 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican