We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 2 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 3 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Campervan in Croatia
- 12 K-Day
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 UK Visa Help
- 17 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 25 Cell Phone Question