We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 2 Planning Advice!
- 3 3 nights in Paris
- 4 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 5 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 8 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 9 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 12 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 Walking Scotland
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 18 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 19 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 20 Travel WiFi - France
- 21 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 22 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 23 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 24 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 25 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra