We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 4 Top Tapas Tascas
- 5 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 8 Iceland car rental agencies
- 9 Ludwig Castles
- 10 Best Viking Sites
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 15 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 18 Hotels in Turin
- 19 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 20 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 24 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre