We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 5 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 6 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 11 Advices about our itiniary
- 12 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 13 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 16 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 17 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Private transportation
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 22 Suggestions for travel
- 23 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 24 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 25 Holiday in Austria