We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Labor Day in Paris
- 2 Driver"s License & Language
- 3 I may be wrong....
- 4 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 5 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 6 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 7 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 8 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 9 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 12 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 15 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 18 A visit to Greenwich
- 19 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 20 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 21 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 22 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 23 I Cuisine vs Cookin with Class
- 24 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 25 Sardinia or Corsica??