We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airfare from Los Angeles to London Heathrow on Air New Zealand
- 2 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 3 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 4 Need help in travel planning
- 5 London: Battle of the badges
- 6 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 7 Croatia in 7 days
- 8 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 9 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 10 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 11 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 12 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 13 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 14 Excess insurance
- 15 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 18 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 19 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 20 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 21 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 22 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 23 Trans-Siberia Train
- 24 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 25 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.