We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 7 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 15 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 20 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Tour of Northern Italy
- 23 Germany in December Trip Report
- 24 Naples, Italy
- 25 San Sebastian