We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Rovaniemi and area - Lapland
- 1 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 2 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 3 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 4 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 9 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 10 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 13 day trips from Stuttgart
- 14 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 15 Normandy on our own?
- 16 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 17 Car rental
- 18 Ordering wine in Paris
- 19 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 20 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 21 Paris Recommendations
- 22 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 23 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Rome & Southern Italy