We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Rovaniemi and area - Lapland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 4 A Sardinia trip report
- 5 Granada
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 8 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 9 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 First time to Switzerland
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 14 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 15 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 16 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 17 Eastern Europe
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 20 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 21 Switzerland help...?
- 22 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 23 Airport ATMs
- 24 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 25 London to Paris by train