We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Rovaniemi and area - Lapland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 5 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 6 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 10 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 21 Days in Central Europe
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 London visit
- 18 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 22 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 23 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 My itinerary for Greece