My wife and I will be arriving in Frankfurt, Germany, in September 2013 for a self-guided 2-week tour around southern Germany with some boarder crossings into Switzerland and Austria. My question involves your advice concerning middle Rhine River Day cruising. I want to know (1) what boat/cruise line is best, and (2) what city is best to start out from and end up in to be able to see the "middle Rhine" area, which seems to be from Bingen or Rudesheim as far down the river as Koblenz and back, all in one day. We haven't made any reservations yet except for our air travel. I think someone mentioned the KD Line but we wanted to know which is the best choice to let us board, cruise, stop occasionally and visit sites (castles) and return, all in one day, and from which city. We will be renting a car so that is why we want to be able to return to the origination point in the same day. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Roundtrip Mid-Rhine River Day cruises
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 3 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 6 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 9 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 American Express
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 24 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking