My wife and I will be arriving in Frankfurt, Germany, in September 2013 for a self-guided 2-week tour around southern Germany with some boarder crossings into Switzerland and Austria. My question involves your advice concerning middle Rhine River Day cruising. I want to know (1) what boat/cruise line is best, and (2) what city is best to start out from and end up in to be able to see the "middle Rhine" area, which seems to be from Bingen or Rudesheim as far down the river as Koblenz and back, all in one day. We haven't made any reservations yet except for our air travel. I think someone mentioned the KD Line but we wanted to know which is the best choice to let us board, cruise, stop occasionally and visit sites (castles) and return, all in one day, and from which city. We will be renting a car so that is why we want to be able to return to the origination point in the same day. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Roundtrip Mid-Rhine River Day cruises
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Hostels
- 2 Avignon to London?
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 8 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 9 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 10 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 11 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 12 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Traveling to Munich
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs