My wife and I will be arriving in Frankfurt, Germany, in September 2013 for a self-guided 2-week tour around southern Germany with some boarder crossings into Switzerland and Austria. My question involves your advice concerning middle Rhine River Day cruising. I want to know (1) what boat/cruise line is best, and (2) what city is best to start out from and end up in to be able to see the "middle Rhine" area, which seems to be from Bingen or Rudesheim as far down the river as Koblenz and back, all in one day. We haven't made any reservations yet except for our air travel. I think someone mentioned the KD Line but we wanted to know which is the best choice to let us board, cruise, stop occasionally and visit sites (castles) and return, all in one day, and from which city. We will be renting a car so that is why we want to be able to return to the origination point in the same day. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Roundtrip Mid-Rhine River Day cruises
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 2 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 5 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 6 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 7 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 13 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 14 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 15 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 20 London neighborhood suggestions
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 24 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 25 3 weeks in Europe