I am planning to spend 3 nights in Montreux this October. I would love to see Swiss villages with their characteristic wooden architecture. I read about Rougemont. Please advise if Rougemont is the best choice, what would be the best way to get to Rougemont and also to Gruyeres (I would like to visit cheese manufacturing facility and to taste the cheese) from Montreaux preferably in one trip using public transport.
I would be very grateful for any information or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TIM in FCO - update
- 2 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 Malaga Spain
- 5 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 6 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 7 London Hotel - Different Request
- 8 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 9 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 10 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Cartagena Spain
- 13 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 14 Ibiiza Spain
- 15 Iceland trip report!
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Seville to Cordoba
- 18 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 3 nights in Madrid
- 22 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 23 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 24 ATM
- 25 Transport Christmas and NYE