Wife and me are planning a trip to Rothenburg & Munich in October. We are spending 2 nights in Rothenburg which I'm starting to feel is a bit too much after reading all the reviews online. We don't like hopping from place to place. We like getting the feel of the place and spending atleast a few hours there. We don't really care about seeing every town on the romantic road map. We want to make a day trip to Dinkelsbuhl on the 2nd day of our stay in Rothenburg. I noticed there are no direct trains from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl but there is a direct bus on the romantic road touring bus website which departs from Rothenburg approximately at 13.00 and arrives at 13.50 at Dinkelsbuhl. We were planning on spending a few hours at Dinkelsbuhl before heading back to Rothenburg. However i noticed that the departure time from Dinkelsbuhl back to Rothenburg is at 15.00 on the same website which barely gives us anytime in Dinkelsbuhl. Is there any other option or any other local buses that depart from Dinkelsbuhl to Rothenburg early or late evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 13 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 14 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 17 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 21 Granada to Madrid
- 22 Croatia
- 23 Croatia trip Planning
- 24 Norway -Trips
- 25 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016