Wife and me are planning a trip to Rothenburg & Munich in October. We are spending 2 nights in Rothenburg which I'm starting to feel is a bit too much after reading all the reviews online. We don't like hopping from place to place. We like getting the feel of the place and spending atleast a few hours there. We don't really care about seeing every town on the romantic road map. We want to make a day trip to Dinkelsbuhl on the 2nd day of our stay in Rothenburg. I noticed there are no direct trains from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl but there is a direct bus on the romantic road touring bus website which departs from Rothenburg approximately at 13.00 and arrives at 13.50 at Dinkelsbuhl. We were planning on spending a few hours at Dinkelsbuhl before heading back to Rothenburg. However i noticed that the departure time from Dinkelsbuhl back to Rothenburg is at 15.00 on the same website which barely gives us anytime in Dinkelsbuhl. Is there any other option or any other local buses that depart from Dinkelsbuhl to Rothenburg early or late evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 4 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 7 Paris in November
- 8 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 13 Windsor Castle
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Globus Iberian Tour
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 22 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Salzburg itinerary review
- 25 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina