Wife and me are planning a trip to Rothenburg & Munich in October. We are spending 2 nights in Rothenburg which I'm starting to feel is a bit too much after reading all the reviews online. We don't like hopping from place to place. We like getting the feel of the place and spending atleast a few hours there. We don't really care about seeing every town on the romantic road map. We want to make a day trip to Dinkelsbuhl on the 2nd day of our stay in Rothenburg. I noticed there are no direct trains from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl but there is a direct bus on the romantic road touring bus website which departs from Rothenburg approximately at 13.00 and arrives at 13.50 at Dinkelsbuhl. We were planning on spending a few hours at Dinkelsbuhl before heading back to Rothenburg. However i noticed that the departure time from Dinkelsbuhl back to Rothenburg is at 15.00 on the same website which barely gives us anytime in Dinkelsbuhl. Is there any other option or any other local buses that depart from Dinkelsbuhl to Rothenburg early or late evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days