Wife and me are planning a trip to Rothenburg & Munich in October. We are spending 2 nights in Rothenburg which I'm starting to feel is a bit too much after reading all the reviews online. We don't like hopping from place to place. We like getting the feel of the place and spending atleast a few hours there. We don't really care about seeing every town on the romantic road map. We want to make a day trip to Dinkelsbuhl on the 2nd day of our stay in Rothenburg. I noticed there are no direct trains from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl but there is a direct bus on the romantic road touring bus website which departs from Rothenburg approximately at 13.00 and arrives at 13.50 at Dinkelsbuhl. We were planning on spending a few hours at Dinkelsbuhl before heading back to Rothenburg. However i noticed that the departure time from Dinkelsbuhl back to Rothenburg is at 15.00 on the same website which barely gives us anytime in Dinkelsbuhl. Is there any other option or any other local buses that depart from Dinkelsbuhl to Rothenburg early or late evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outlook@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 3 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 4 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 7 Renting a car in Greece
- 8 Iceland france spain
- 9 Ex-pats with young kids
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Greece
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 southeast sicily town as home base
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 20 Top Tapas Tascas
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Ludwig Castles