Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Munich and Dachau
- 3 London visit
- 4 Duoro river cruises
- 5 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 11 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 12 Small group for Colosseum
- 13 SIM card for eastern europe
- 14 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 15 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 16 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 23 car rental advice in Portugal
- 24 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 25 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?