Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
- 1 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 2 Please review my REVISED Germany/Austria/Switzerland itinerary
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 One hour 15 minutes to change planes in Frankfurt
- 5 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 6 Affordable London Hotel
- 7 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 8 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 9 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 10 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 11 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 12 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 13 Help for first timers
- 14 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 15 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 16 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 17 Parisian Pickpockets
- 18 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 21 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 22 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 23 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 24 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 25 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013