Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 9 days in turkey
- 13 Burg Eltz
- 14 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 15 Germany-berlin marathon
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 22 itinerary help
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Nice Video about Poland
- 25 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!