Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 7 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 8 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 11 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 14 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 18 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 19 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Naxos in May
- 22 Belfast to Scotland help
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City