Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 3 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 7 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 8 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 11 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 12 French immersion courses in France
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 15 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 16 Italy in a week
- 17 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 24 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
Good Morning Fodorites!