Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 2 Bodrum to instanbul
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 7 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 8 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 11 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 12 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 13 Italy tours
- 14 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 17 Globus Tours
- 18 Scotland Votes "No"
- 19 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 20 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 21 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 22 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 Gift for French business associate