Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 2 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 3 Traveling to Multiple Countries
- 4 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 5 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 6 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 7 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 8 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 9 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 10 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 11 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 12 Southern Italy
- 13 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 14 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 15 france options
- 16 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 17 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 18 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 19 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 20 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 21 How to get to Mallorca
- 22 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 23 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 24 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 25 Venice : Trying not to overplan
Good Morning Fodorites!