Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 2 Porto to Salamanca
- 3 Where to stay in Prague?
- 4 Tyrol - need general help
- 5 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 6 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 7 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 8 Please help me plan my trip!
- 9 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 10 Hotel in Lisbon
- 11 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 12 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 13 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 14 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 15 Greece and Turkey
- 16 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 17 buying souviners and art
- 18 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 19 Where leave large suitcase in Bergen Norway
- 20 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 21 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 22 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 23 any airbnb experience in Milan?
- 24 scotland trave;
- 25 Napoli logistics