Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 days or DIY tour
- 2 Rome Areas to stay
- 3 St Germain
- 4 Italy - Month of July
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 8 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 England & Scotland in April
- 11 Your favourite places in Bath
- 12 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 15 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 16 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Shipping Prosecco
- 19 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 20 Europe Tour with Kids
- 21 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 22 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 23 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 24 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 25 Italy and Croatia