Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 3 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 4 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 5 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 6 What train pass for Paris?
- 7 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 8 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 9 Must do/see in Rome
- 10 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 11 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 12 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania
- 13 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 14 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 15 A plethora of islands
- 16 The isles in June
- 17 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 18 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 19 Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Rome - Venice, or Rome - Amalfi Coast?
- 21 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 22 Toll roads in Italy
- 23 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 24 what to do in florence
- 25 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
Good Morning Fodorites!