Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 3 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 4 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 5 Help planning Sicily Itinerary
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 7 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 8 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 9 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 10 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 15 Back to Provence in 2015
- 16 Spain trip report
- 17 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 18 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 21 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 22 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 23 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 24 Day Trips from Paris
- 25 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car