Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 2 Corsica and Sardinia
- 3 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 4 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 5 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 6 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 7 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 8 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 11 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 12 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 13 Day trips from Cologne
- 14 Day Trip From London
- 15 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 16 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 17 Montpellier - A few questions
- 18 Italian trains on Sunday
- 19 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 20 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 21 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 22 Euro railways
- 23 Cesky Krumlov
- 24 Cantabria, Asturias, Galacia - Itinerary help please
- 25 Amsterdam and beyond
Good Morning Fodorites!