Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Cashel
- 2 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 3 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 4 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 5 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 6 Help with Lucerne in April
- 7 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 8 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 9 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 10 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 11 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 12 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 15 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 16 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 17 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 18 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 19 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 20 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 21 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 24 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 25 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!