Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Rome/Tuscany phase of 2 part trip..Spring 2013
Good Morning Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 2 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 3 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 4 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 5 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 6 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 7 Mama Mia Italy!
- 8 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 9 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 10 travel to western Europe from India
- 11 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 12 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 13 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 14 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 15 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 16 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 17 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 18 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 19 Late night train from Prague
- 20 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 21 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 22 I'm in a funk
- 23 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 24 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 25 Lake Como in October- when does season change