Good Morning Fodorites!
I have been reading the message boards for months. Our trip has been evolving and I am ready to nail down specifics. I would love your help and expertise. My husband, daughter sister and I will be arriving in Rome April 18. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome. Currently I have reservations at Al Centro de Roma B&B. I think my next step here is to try and book the Scavi tour then a group tour of the Vatican. I think the other site seeing will fall into place. We are interested in the sites of ancient Rome. We plan to travel from Rome to Tuscany by train on April 23 (no reservations yet). I realilze April 25 is a holiday so I wanted to be situated before the 25th.
My sister and daughter will fly home to the states on Sunday April 28 from Florence. Here is where I really need some help. I was thinking of basing in Siena or maybe Orvieto for 3 nights then continuing on to Florence for 2 nights. We are interested in seeing Florence, Siena, hill towns and wineries. We could rent a car for a day or 2. My husband and I will definitely rent a car and stay in Tuscany a few more days after my sister and daughter head home. Part 2 of our trip involves the 2 of us continuing on to Naples/Capri and the AC. I'll ask those questions later.
THank you in advance for your help. I think an apartment might be fun for the 3 nights. My daughter already noted there is the weekly farmers market in Siena when we will be there. I think once I nail down the logistics...where to stay and how to get around...I can concentrate on hotels etc. a private tour into the countryside may be a nice choice for one of the Siena days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money
- 2 2 Days in Rome
- 3 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 4 16 hours total drive time in 6 days
- 5 Plitvice Lakes: What Can I See in Two Hours?
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 Elba
- 8 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 9 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 10 Time from Nice airport to downtown
- 11 buying Eruos in advance
- 12 electrical adaptor plugs
- 13 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 14 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 15 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 17 Seeking a special place in France
- 18 Paris Picture Overlays
- 19 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 20 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 21 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 22 Zagreb to Pula and more
- 23 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 24 Visiting Eastern Europe - planes, trains, and stamps?
- 25 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
Good Morning Fodorites!