We have just booked a 6-night trip to Rome in February with our kids, who will be 11 and 6 at the time.
As background, DH and I have been to Rome once 3 years ago. The kids have not been to Rome, but we took a Scandinavia/Russia cruise over the summer and we've also been to the UK. I would gauge their tolerance for museums/ruins at maybe the high end of average for their ages. I have a minor in art history (which is a totally weak qualification), and I think it helps that I can weave a bit of a story or give some background to things.
My questions are: What would be a great experience in Rome for the kids? Where are parks or piazzas where we can just kind let them play? (They LOVED Museumplein in Amsterdam) My eldest is a bit of a catastrophist so I'm thinking he would be impressed by Pompeii/Vesuvius--is that worth a day trip? I'm mentally planning to splurge on 1-2 tours... maybe a food tour? Colosseum tour? Pompeii tour? Any advice or tips at all would be very appreciated!
We definitely are not going to try and see it all. I would say we want to balance seeing stuff with plenty of free time for the kids.
Thank you for reading!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노베이주소■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■마블카지노ゃ마블카지노
- 2 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 3 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 4 Sintra
- 5 Scotland Trip Report
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 8 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 13 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 14 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 15 Kayaking in Avignon
- 16 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 17 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 18 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Crete/Athens June 2017