4 or us are arriving in Rome from the States on April 18. We will spend 4 nights in Rome and 5 nights in Tuscany with our time split between the bases of Siena and Lucca(not etched in stone.) On April 28 my daughter and sister fly home from Pisa. My husband and I will continue on spending anywhere from 2 to 4 more nights in Tuscany before relocating to Sorrento.
We travel home from Naples on May 10 with a very early departure. We know we would like to spend our last 2 nights in Naples and 2-3 nights on Capri prior to Naples. I need to decide whether to head south on April30 or May2, providing us with either4-6 more nights in the Campania region. I want to avoid travel on the May 1st holiday.
Combined you have so much Italy experience...what do you think? On this last leg of the trip we hope to relax, sightsee, hike and enjoy la dolce vita! I also think I better book some hotels soon!
Thanks in advance for all your travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 3 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 4 St Andrews advice
- 5 3 nights in Tuscany
- 6 Cordoba or Granada?
- 7 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 8 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 9 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 10 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 11 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 12 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 13 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 14 train from ams to paris
- 15 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 16 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 17 Poland in September
- 18 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 19 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 20 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 24 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime