4 or us are arriving in Rome from the States on April 18. We will spend 4 nights in Rome and 5 nights in Tuscany with our time split between the bases of Siena and Lucca(not etched in stone.) On April 28 my daughter and sister fly home from Pisa. My husband and I will continue on spending anywhere from 2 to 4 more nights in Tuscany before relocating to Sorrento.
We travel home from Naples on May 10 with a very early departure. We know we would like to spend our last 2 nights in Naples and 2-3 nights on Capri prior to Naples. I need to decide whether to head south on April30 or May2, providing us with either4-6 more nights in the Campania region. I want to avoid travel on the May 1st holiday.
Combined you have so much Italy experience...what do you think? On this last leg of the trip we hope to relax, sightsee, hike and enjoy la dolce vita! I also think I better book some hotels soon!
Thanks in advance for all your travel advice.
Rome, Tuscany and Amalfi Coast region...part 2 of trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Three days in Spain
- 6 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 7 1 week in Croatia
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Trip to Iceland
- 11 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 15 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 16 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Fashion for larger man?
- 23 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 24 Eating in France-two new books
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel