My husband and I are taking a short trip to Positano August 10-16. We arrive August 11th at 8:40am Alitalia and are considering taking a train from Rome Termini to Naples. Our hotel in Positano Buca di Baco offered private transportation from Naples train to the hotel for 130 euro.
1. I fly into Rome. What is the most convenient and comfortable way to get to the Rome train station? During my last trip, I stayed in Rome 4 nights and then took a taxi to Termini to go to Naples. The train schedules are offering me a train from Roma Tiburtina to Rome Termini, transfer from Roma Termini to Napoli. Is that the best way taking a train to Termini or should I taxi?
2. If I train from Rome to Naples, do you recommend Trenitalia, Frecciarossa or italo? I prefer a nice train and it seems italo which is more affordable, I would guess is less desirable?
3. I've trained to Naples before, when we stayed in Capri, however, since we are going to Positano instead does it make sense to have a private car from Naples to Positano or should we take the hydrofoil/ferry? I often prefer to save time then money.
4. On our return, we are heading back to Rome, August 15, which is a huge travel day we hear. We fly home August 16th at 9:45am, which is why we are staying one night in Rome. Curious about your experiences traveling on August 15th.
5. If we departed our hotel 9am, what time do you recommend we book our Naples train to Rome? 1pm? or later?
6. Would you hydrofoil/ferry to Naples train or hire a private car (risk of heavy traffic)? We prefer to arrive in Rome quicker rather than be economical and take longer.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ex-pats with young kids
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 4 Paris advice with kids
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 12 Top Tapas Tascas
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Iceland france spain
- 17 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Amalfi coast in august
- 23 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 24 Greece
- 25 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?