My husband and I are taking a short trip to Positano August 10-16. We arrive August 11th at 8:40am Alitalia and are considering taking a train from Rome Termini to Naples. Our hotel in Positano Buca di Baco offered private transportation from Naples train to the hotel for 130 euro.
1. I fly into Rome. What is the most convenient and comfortable way to get to the Rome train station? During my last trip, I stayed in Rome 4 nights and then took a taxi to Termini to go to Naples. The train schedules are offering me a train from Roma Tiburtina to Rome Termini, transfer from Roma Termini to Napoli. Is that the best way taking a train to Termini or should I taxi?
2. If I train from Rome to Naples, do you recommend Trenitalia, Frecciarossa or italo? I prefer a nice train and it seems italo which is more affordable, I would guess is less desirable?
3. I've trained to Naples before, when we stayed in Capri, however, since we are going to Positano instead does it make sense to have a private car from Naples to Positano or should we take the hydrofoil/ferry? I often prefer to save time then money.
4. On our return, we are heading back to Rome, August 15, which is a huge travel day we hear. We fly home August 16th at 9:45am, which is why we are staying one night in Rome. Curious about your experiences traveling on August 15th.
5. If we departed our hotel 9am, what time do you recommend we book our Naples train to Rome? 1pm? or later?
6. Would you hydrofoil/ferry to Naples train or hire a private car (risk of heavy traffic)? We prefer to arrive in Rome quicker rather than be economical and take longer.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 10 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands