We are 2 couples who will be travelling for the FIRST time to Italy this August 28 to September 10. Flying into Rome and out of Venice. In addition to Rome and Venice, we'd like to visit Cinque Terre, Florence and Tuscany area. We're planning on having a car while in Tuscany, but will travel by train otherwise. Any not to miss suggestions, hotels, restaurants?? We are laid back and great wine lovers. Also, suggestions on how long to stay in each place?? Many thanks
Rome to Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 2 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 3 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 4 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 5 Cotswolds village base
- 6 Passport Delays
- 7 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 8 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 11 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 12 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 13 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 16 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 17 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 18 Netherlands Delta Works
- 19 Southern Italy without a Car
- 20 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 Hotel in Rome?
- 24 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 25 Visit to Bath and London england