We are 2 couples who will be travelling for the FIRST time to Italy this August 28 to September 10. Flying into Rome and out of Venice. In addition to Rome and Venice, we'd like to visit Cinque Terre, Florence and Tuscany area. We're planning on having a car while in Tuscany, but will travel by train otherwise. Any not to miss suggestions, hotels, restaurants?? We are laid back and great wine lovers. Also, suggestions on how long to stay in each place?? Many thanks
Rome to Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finistère Base
- 2 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 3 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 4 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 5 First visit to France in November
- 6 Photographer in Paris?
- 7 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 8 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 9 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 10 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 11 Venice; recommendations
- 12 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 13 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 14 Sardinia in early May
- 15 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 16 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 19 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 20 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 21 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 22 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 23 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 24 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 25 Murren in June by myself