I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 2 Norway in June with parents.
- 3 Baden Wurttembeg for 2 weeks or 1 week?
- 4 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 5 buying souviners and art
- 6 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 7 Positano in high season???
- 8 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 9 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 10 London Half-Term City Break
- 11 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 12 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 13 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 14 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 15 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 16 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 17 Train tickets France and Spain
- 18 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 19 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 20 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 21 Travel services for Spain
- 22 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 23 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 24 Napoli logistics
- 25 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour