I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 2 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 3 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 4 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 5 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 6 Weather in the dolomites
- 7 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 8 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 9 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 10 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 11 Newgrange to Galway
- 12 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 15 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 16 Aaah...Umbria!
- 17 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 18 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 19 Ghent or Paris?
- 20 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 21 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 22 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 23 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 24 Help for San Sebastian
- 25 great restaurant choice for normandy