I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 3 what to do in florence
- 4 Buy back lease program?
- 5 10 days in spain
- 6 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 7 Rome Walking Guide
- 8 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 9 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 10 Our first trip to Europe
- 11 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 12 Suggestions for travel to Florence and Italy in October/November
- 13 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 14 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 15 Travel in England and Scotland
- 16 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 17 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 18 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 19 What train pass for Paris?
- 20 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 21 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 22 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 23 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
- 24 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 25 Georges - Pompidou center