I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 3 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 4 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 5 Spain: train/rental car help
- 6 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 First Solo Adventure
- 11 Sicily help
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 PARIS
- 17 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 18 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 23 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Airline to Rome