I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 2 St Germain
- 3 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 4 Cotswold Churches
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 7 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Norway 2014
- 10 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 15 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 16 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Weekend in Norfolk
- 23 Best beach town in Italy?
- 24 Burgundy in May
- 25 Athens at New Years