I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucerne Switzerland
- 2 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 5 Europe in December for 10 days
- 6 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 7 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 8 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 9 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 10 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 11 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 12 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 13 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 14 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 15 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 16 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 17 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 18 Best neighborhood for Rome?
- 19 Tipping in the UK
- 20 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 21 at what point should one get health insurance
- 22 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 23 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 24 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 25 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.