I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Rental car while in Ireland
- 3 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 4 Hotels that we found special
- 5 Art in Paris
- 6 Great London Bars with a view
- 7 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 8 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 9 St Germain
- 10 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 11 First Time to UK since 2001
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Too many Trip Reports
- 15 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 16 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 24 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 25 Reykjavik hotels