I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day tour of Portofino and Cinque Terre
- 2 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 3 Vienna Favorites
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 6 Rental car in Italy
- 7 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 8 Tips for Papal Audience this July?
- 9 3 weeks in Sardinia
- 10 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 11 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 12 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 13 5 top Scams in Paris
- 14 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 15 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 16 French Prem Train Fares
- 17 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 18 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 19 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 20 Questions about regionale trains
- 21 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 22 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 23 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 24 Rome to Venice via Val d'Orcia , Tuscany in 1 day
- 25 Rome Private Tours