I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 8 Italy
- 9 4 Days in Tuscany
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Revised itinerary for italy
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 25 Amalfi Coast help