I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 2 Dublin to Cashel
- 3 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 4 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 5 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 6 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 7 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 11 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 12 Athens and which islands?
- 13 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 14 Best way to go from Positano to Pompeii then to Rome? Pompeii private tour?
- 15 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 16 Sea side in Italy
- 17 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 18 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 19 Munich Daytrips
- 20 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 21 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 22 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 23 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 24 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 25 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked