I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small-group day tours from London?
- 2 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 3 How to rent a car...
- 4 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 5 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 6 Advise
- 7 Getting Around Toledo
- 8 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 9 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 10 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 11 Best location to stay in Seville
- 12 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 13 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 14 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 15 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 16 Photos from our wonderful trip to Spain
- 17 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 18 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 19 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 20 Andalucia to Madrid
- 21 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 22 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 23 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 24 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 25 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought