I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 "Never Mind"
- 7 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 8 Killarney
- 9 Cornwall Advice
- 10 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 11 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 12 Florence Travel Guide
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 17 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 18 Rome Advice?
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Via del Sale, Italy
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 25 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!