I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 4 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 5 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 8 Spain Questions
- 9 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Dublin Hostels
- 14 Avignon to London?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 20 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 21 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 25 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?