I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 Barcelona extension
- 3 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 4 Europe itinerary review
- 5 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 8 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 9 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 10 15 days trip to Europe
- 11 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 12 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 13 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 Vuerling airlines
- 16 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 17 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 18 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 19 France for a month in 2017
- 20 RENFE error message during payment
- 21 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 Venice Film Fest