I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 2 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 3 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 4 No points in Paris .....
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 8 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 9 Pompeii train to Naples
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 14 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 17 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 18 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 19 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 20 best time to book accommodation
- 21 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 22 Stay near Paris
- 23 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 24 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 25 Sicily - not a trip report