I am new to the boards.. though I have browsed for a while. The last time I was in Europe was 2010 when I studied abroad in Ireland. I am starting medical school in August, so I am taking one of my last vacations for a while!
My fiancé and I are going on a 10 night cruise through Southern Italy and Greece. After our cruise ends on May 27 we will be leaving out of Paris on June 4th or 6th. I have put together a tentative itinerary, but still need a few suggestions if you please. (I have been to Rome before and we are staying two nights before our cruise)
I have never been to Umbria, Florence or Paris...I would like to see and spend time in the Italian country side, but still have adequate time for Paris. I much prefer natural scenery to museums. I of course will be back to these places when I (hopefully) have a doctors salary haha, but for now I am on a budget!
Day 1 Rome to Umbria
Day 2 Umbria
Day 3 Umbria
Day 4 Umbria to Florence
Day 4 Florence
Day 5 Florence to Pisa to Paris (plane - ryanair $65 calculating luggage and transport..though I don't know if the long ride from the airport is worth the $100 we'd save for not flying into Orly.. advise?)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris to Florida
Any suggestions on where to stay in Umbria without a car, and the best places to see in just three days? We don't mind walking though we'll each have a piece of luggage.
Would you change any of my itinerary? Lastly...if I could, should I add an extra two nights in Paris or Umbria?
I know this is pretty last minute, but this entire vacation was just planned two days ago!Thank you soooo much!!
Rome to Umbria to Florence to Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 2 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 3 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 4 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 5 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 8 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 9 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 10 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 11 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 White Villages base?
- 14 10 days to Explore Europe
- 15 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 16 German Rail Twin Pass
- 17 How much luggage?????
- 18 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 19 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 20 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 21 Help with France itinerary
- 22 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 23 ITALO trains need help
- 24 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 25 Cornwall or Paris?