Honeymooners staying in Rome for 3 nights before heading up to Tuscany (3 nights in Montalcino, 2 nights in Siena).
Question -- I know that driving out of Rome can be hectic. Would you suggest:
A. Renting car in Rome (possibly taking a cab from hotel to an agency on the outskirts of Rome to avoid the exit) and driving up to Orvieto (we're having lunch there)?
B. Train from Rome to Orvieto, hire car in Orvieto, leave luggage in car, and then head up the hill to Orvieto for lunch?
Which one is logistically easier?
Thank you all for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland