Honeymooners staying in Rome for 3 nights before heading up to Tuscany (3 nights in Montalcino, 2 nights in Siena).
Question -- I know that driving out of Rome can be hectic. Would you suggest:
A. Renting car in Rome (possibly taking a cab from hotel to an agency on the outskirts of Rome to avoid the exit) and driving up to Orvieto (we're having lunch there)?
B. Train from Rome to Orvieto, hire car in Orvieto, leave luggage in car, and then head up the hill to Orvieto for lunch?
Which one is logistically easier?
Thank you all for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Bernese Oberland
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 9 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 10 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 14 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 15 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 16 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 17 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 18 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 19 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 20 Cartagena Spain
- 21 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 22 Trip to Switzerland
- 23 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 24 Itinery help Crete
- 25 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA