My husband and I will be travelling to Rome for a long weekend in March and we need some advice please. We have never been there and as our time is limited,want to make the most of it. (We will arrive the Friday morning and depart the Monday morning early again.)
I would like to know the following please:
* We arrive at Ciampino airport(what is the best and cheapest means to reach the city?)
*Which areas would you suggest to stay in? (We can't really pay more than 50euro's per night,but want to know it is a safe area)
*What restaurants or other dining tips do you have?
*What sights will you visit?
*Is an open-tour bus worth it?
*Is there any small towns close to rome to maybe visit for an afternoon?
*We need to stay in a budget hotel,close to aiport Fiuminico. Any suggestions?
Thank you for the help!!!
ROME - tips&advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 2 No points in Paris .....
- 3 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 17 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma