My husband and I will be travelling to Rome for a long weekend in March and we need some advice please. We have never been there and as our time is limited,want to make the most of it. (We will arrive the Friday morning and depart the Monday morning early again.)
I would like to know the following please:
* We arrive at Ciampino airport(what is the best and cheapest means to reach the city?)
*Which areas would you suggest to stay in? (We can't really pay more than 50euro's per night,but want to know it is a safe area)
*What restaurants or other dining tips do you have?
*What sights will you visit?
*Is an open-tour bus worth it?
*Is there any small towns close to rome to maybe visit for an afternoon?
*We need to stay in a budget hotel,close to aiport Fiuminico. Any suggestions?
Thank you for the help!!!
ROME - tips&advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week Tuscany in November
- 2 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Sunny September Trip Report
- 7 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 9 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 10 Gift for French business associate
- 11 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 12 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 13 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 14 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 15 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 16 Scotland Votes "No"
- 17 Gtg San Antonio
- 18 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 20 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 21 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 22 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 23 Help please! Value lodging in Italy
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore