My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Meteora for older folk
- 4 Petrol in Greece
- 5 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 6 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 7 Germany train help!
- 8 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 9 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 12 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Budapest & Prague
- 16 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 17 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 18 Paris day trips August
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Acorn TV
- 22 Spain in July
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Athens
- 25 Transportation from Brno train station