My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Rome symbolic wedding location/dinner
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garmisch
- 2 Split to Venice. Help!
- 3 Venice - things to do?
- 4 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 5 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 6 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 7 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 8 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 9 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 10 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 11 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 12 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 13 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 14 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 15 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 16 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 17 Sardinia but only 4 days..
- 18 Naples and Salerno
- 19 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 22 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 23 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 24 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 25 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.