My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Rome symbolic wedding location/dinner
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GPS in France
- 2 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 3 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 4 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 5 Germany for 3 weeks
- 6 Question about arriving and spending the day in Naples
- 7 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 8 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 9 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 10 Car Rental Pickup -- Dubrovnik / Split City Center or Airport Locations?
- 11 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 12 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 13 Provence planning
- 14 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 15 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 16 England, Paris itinerary help
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 19 I went to Paris in June
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Shipping bags home
- 22 Narrowing down our itinerary...Paris-Venice-Rome
- 23 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 24 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 25 Italy in late June - 10 days. Should we do Rome, Florence AND Venice?