My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 5 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 6 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 10 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 11 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 14 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?