My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 2 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 3 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 4 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 5 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 6 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 7 cell plan ?
- 8 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 9 Best daypack ?
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 14 Hiking in Switzerland
- 15 Iceland car rental agencies
- 16 Paris- restaurant
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Best layover option
- 23 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 Lisbon Hotel choice