My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 7 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 8 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 9 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 10 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 What tips can you give about packing?
- 13 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 14 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 15 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 16 Prague
- 17 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 21 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 38 Days in Paris
- 24 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 25 2 Months in Sicily