My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 3 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 4 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 Belgium for the 1st time
- 7 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 8 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 9 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 10 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 11 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 12 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 13 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 14 February in Florence
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 18 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 19 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 20 The highlands
- 21 Naxos hotel question
- 22 Juangfrau / mt
- 23 Loire Valley itinerary
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg