My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 2 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Belgium advice
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 7 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 8 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 9 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 10 Amalfi or Positano
- 11 Rome to Positano
- 12 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 13 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 14 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 15 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 16 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 17 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 18 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 19 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 20 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 21 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 22 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 23 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 24 Public Transport information App/Website
- 25 Rome to Portofino -