My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Spain in January
- 2 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 3 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 4 Europe in late January
- 5 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 6 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Paris---baguette question???
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 French immersion courses in France
- 13 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 14 Scenic Driving Routes
- 15 Berlin
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 18 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 19 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 20 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 21 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 22 Flights from Croatia
- 23 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 24 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 25 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?