My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3/4/ days South of France
- 2 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 3 21 nights in England, please help
- 4 Some travel wisdom
- 5 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 6 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 7 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 8 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 9 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 10 Trains from Granada
- 11 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 12 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 13 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 14 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 15 Alhambra
- 16 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 17 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 18 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 19 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 20 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 21 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 22 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 23 Florence and Rome
- 24 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG