My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 magnified mirror
- 6 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 7 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 13 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 San Sebastián
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 italy Cinque Terre
- 21 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 Can parking
- 24 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area