My fiancé and I are planning our wedding in Rome for the end of December 2014. It will be symbolic only, as we are taking care of all legal paperwork back home. We met in Rome in 2006, and that's why we have chosen to go back to celebrate with family and friends. There will be about 20 people, and we are looking for a venue in which to have the ceremony. Because it is symbolic, we have the option to have it anywhere. We are trying to find a place with lots of character to have a simple ceremony, and then we would like to have dinner at a pizzeria or casual restaurant.
Can anyone recommend a good location? So far I have e-mailed hotels regarding function rooms, but a lot seem to want to lock us in for dinner as well, which we are not interested in. We want relaxed and casual for dinner, not formal. Maybe a casual restaurant that has a function room, or space for a ceremony as well? Maybe a hotel that will simply rent us the space for the ceremony? Or even an apartment where we could stay that would have space for a ceremony as well? Any other suggestions would be appreciated, as we are doing this without a wedding planner. I think because of the weather, outside locations might not be an option, unless the location is covered and has heaters. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I would love to hear ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 2 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 3 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 4 Ordering in a Deli
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 7 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 8 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 11 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 12 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 13 International Friends Tour
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Walking Scotland
- 17 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 18 Help with itinerary
- 19 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 20 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 21 I forgot my international driver permit
- 22 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 23 Bordeaux TRIP
- 24 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 25 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven